MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm Leaving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I wish you luck on your journey, and ask only one thing of you: don't talk about religion unless the person you're talking to asks. I loath people that try and convince others that their beliefs are right, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I believe what I believe, they believe what they believe, and you believe what you believe, let's please just leave it at that. If more people acted that way about religion the world would have a lot fewer excuses for the suffering and pain in it today.

I hope you have fun and find what you're looking for.
(2009-11-10, 12:19 AM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]This past weekend I was at a Youth Conference. This conference was like none other I had ever been to, ever.

At this conference, there was this speaker, Vaden Earle, and basically what he does is go into foreign countries and do work, build hospitals/orphanages, etc.

Anyway he came and speak and he shared dozens of stories. And through his speaking, i made a big decision.

Saturday morning when he spoke, I realized that there was something blocking my relationship with God. And it wasn't Until later that night that I realized what it was.

See I love to build websites and be online, but it is starting to take over my life. I've decided that what's best for me in my life is to leave the internet and focus on something more important to me and probably more important to God, and that is Worship.

I'm seriously going to be pursing a career in music, and leading a Worship Team, possibly going overseas.

There is already talk of my Youth Group putting together a Missions Trip to a place like Thailand, Cambodia, or Uganda.

I've had alot of fun building websites and being apart of communities but I need to focus on my relationship with God right now.

Now does this mean I'm gone forever with no contact? No.

I'll be making 1 website (Selling all others). This website will be WAY more casual and like a blog/music site for my career. I'll also be on MSN time to time. All contact details are below.

It's Been fun but this is goodbye.

Buy My sites here.

MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Twitter: lyndon321

(Yes I'm selling ALL of my sites)

Sounds like quite an adventure my friend, I hope Things work out well for you i have a few friends who are missionaries who greatly enjoy their lives.

Godbless (Yes i'm a christian tooToungue)
RW
I'm all for helping under privileged nations... but going there and shoving your religion down their throat is rude.

Help for the sake of helping. Don't make it a trojan horse to spread religion. :<
(2009-11-10, 08:37 AM)PHP_Paul Wrote: [ -> ]I'm all for helping under privileged nations... but going there and shoving your religion down their throat is rude.

If you've studied religion (specifically through something like sociology) and researched the impact it can have on a culture, you'll realise that it can be quite beneficial to a developing country. Lyndon is merely telling a story - it is up to those who listen to believe it, they won't have it rammed down their throats if they choose not to.

Religion is merely a tool to oppress the citizens of a culture into a certain way of life. A tool to control what those citizens do and how they act. Unfortunately, they always conflict - and is probably the main cause for practically every war that has ever taken place. The other side of the coin is that it helps give people aspirations, goals and a means to live. In a developing nation, this can literally be the difference between life and death.

I think you're underestimating the potential you have, Lyndon. You know how to create something that can reach billions of people at the click of a mouse, and yet you decide to travel thousands of miles with people you barely know to help what is a handful of the world's population? That doesn't make any logical sense. There are people in your own country that needs the help just as much as those others countries do.

Either way, I wish you the best of the luck! Smile
(2009-11-10, 08:55 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-10, 08:37 AM)PHP_Paul Wrote: [ -> ]I'm all for helping under privileged nations... but going there and shoving your religion down their throat is rude.

If you've studied religion (specifically through something like sociology) and researched the impact it can have on a culture, you'll realise that it can be quite beneficial to a developing country. Lyndon is merely telling a story - it is up to those who listen to believe it, they won't have it rammed down their throats if they choose not to.

Religion is merely a tool to oppress the citizens of a culture into a certain way of life. A tool to control what those citizens do and how they act. Unfortunately, they always conflict - and is probably the main cause for practically every war that has ever taken place. The other side of the coin is that it helps give people aspirations, goals and a means to live. In a developing nation, this can literally be the difference between life and death.

I think you're underestimating the potential you have, Lyndon. You know how to create something that can reach billions of people at the click of a mouse, and yet you decide to travel thousands of miles with people you barely know to help what is a handful of the world's population? That doesn't make any logical sense. There are people in your own country that needs the help just as much as those others countries do.

Logical sense? No not at all, but then again logic doesn't control everything.

Tell me you see a small child standing in the road about to be hit by a speeding car, you can reach the child and save it,but in doing so get struck by the car and break both of your legs leaving you with long term injury that never fully heals, or you can let the child die, as the child being smaller takes the full impact of the crash.

Which answer does logic suggest?Wink What would you do?
In your circumstance, it would depend on what relation the child is to me.

If I don't know the child, then my mind will make me freeze at the sheer horror of what is about to unfold. If I know the child, then the mind forces you to try and save it.

It might not seem it, but there is logic to everything - it just takes time to map it out. In a split second, your brain makes a decision to determine what is the logical thing to do based on the environment and circumstances. However, it would take us years to analyse a person to figure out why they did something stupid, such as not moving out of the way of a car. Sleepy

Either way, logic is the subject of an other thread - not this one. Shy
I don't believe in god but I whish you the best of luck!
(2009-11-10, 08:55 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed, see I see nothing wrong with religion as long as it does what it is supposed to do: bring people together. But in the world their are so many examples why religion isn't always the best thing it can cause violence, war, and other nasty stuff.

If religion could just only be a good thing meaning bringing people together, helping each other out, and living in peace than I would be all for it but it also does the opposite of the good thing and at the moment I only see the bad side for religion happening the world.
Bye and good luck! Smile
Religion would be the greatest thing for the world if people actually followed their scriptures. Also people usually don't know the true history of their religion. Like how many people know of the Eastern Christian Church? (Hell it was in China long before westerners were)

Although good luck as you are doing a good thing Wink.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7