MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: kCMS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, I am Kyonko!

So what in the world is this thread about? And what in the world is kCMS?
Hmm, good question but I don't know... Toungue

Just kidding. In any rate, kCMS is a CMS as the tittle shows lol.

Quote:What is CMS? O.o... CMS is a Custom Management System.
What is kCMS then?.... kCMS is (Kyonko Custom Management System)...
Who is Kyonko?.... me Toungue

Okay here are few things about kCMS.

I though few things for a while and came to a conclusion that there aren't any good CMS that would merge/use MyBB as its main platform. So having a cup of coffee in the morning I had this crazy idea, "Aye why don't I make a CMS?" kCMS is nothing overloaded like Joomla or so on...

What will the features be?
  • kCMS Installer
  • News System (Stand Alone) or MyBB News System integration
  • Dynamic RSS Syndicate
  • Media Portal (3 options.. Music, Videos or Images)
  • Custom Image unloader (Think some where around tinypic unloader)
  • Ability to add new pages (MySQL Based)
  • Ability to edit page layout (MySQL Based)

• Custom Admin CP (not sure what will be in it...)
  • And MyBB integration (Login, Logout, News System, User CP, PM, Avatar)

• Custom Search Script
  • External media player (music only) this will allow members to submit there fav songs to e-Player which will save the URL and call the data via its sid.

• Live Results (Search Script)
  • Modular Boxes
  • Show/Hide
  • Calendar

This is about it.. who thats alot ^^
The installer will only work with MySQL, nothing else sorry.

This entire thing will prob take me until Christmas to release first public Beta but until then I will be developing feature by feature. And updating this thread daily in regards to new information. Also its not going to have some sort of unbelievable theme just something basic for the cms with rounded corners and web 2.0 feel.

- Suggestions for features or usefully things are welcomed.

Updated: Nov 11 2009

Okey here is a first preview of the Admin Login page...
[Image: 2zyvthe.jpg]
SEO URLs and Meta descriptions Wink
It would be nice if the cms would integrate the theme from your mybb forum.
lol, sorry I did not make few things clear META Description, Keywords, Rating and ect are present in the kCMS System by defult. SEO Freidnly URL's is a maybe since this might take some time to make unless people use Apache Mod_Rewrite method.

MyBB Forum Theme intergration would be a bit complex don't you think? Since the kCMS is not designed in that way and will have a different feel then MyBB Portal dose. Its and CMS and many forum owners usually makes themes by them selfs since CMS never come with option to use same theme as the forum. This feature will prob not going to be made, since kCMS users have the ability to edit the CSS files which is all they really need to make it look like there forums.

- Thank you for the suggestions. If you have any more ideas/suggestions please go ahead and post them here, as said Suggestions are welcomed.

P.S. I will be posting some previews of "UI" for the kCMS Login page and later on I will include mockups of other pages.
Custom Management System...Content.
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but this does only look like something you may design on photoshop. from your posts you don't appear to have much understanding of other stuff. If i am wrong then great, can't wait to test Smile!
X3 Actually, I've seen his scripts in action, he can do this and more. I have actually used some of his scripts, testing purpose of course, and they are quite amazing.

If you need any help on bridging the themes I would be glad to help, Rika.
Well that's good to hear! Smile Seen enough people posting photoshop mock up of things!
Sure FMB help from a person with the vision is welcomed ^^

@Aaron
I am not some nube that know's nothing and will just jump off to make threads like this I work with bit of PHP and quite more with XML, XSLT you don't have to be hard core PHP coder you can still make incredible sites with XML and ect.

As FMB said she seen my scripts in action, since I have most of the scripts for kCMS precoded with PHP + MySQL + jQuery. I don't like when people try to say I am a nube not knowing much about me. But since you don't know me its all right, just don't judge a book by its cover. I had to use Photoshop to add Watermark since people tend to steal ideas rather then make there own.
I'm not saying you are, just got that impression, I'm wishing you every luck with it Smile
@Aaron

I am not here to judge any one or what so ever, but I live by a good saying
"Don't judge a book by its cover."

And thanks ^^

I will post more previews when I finish coding the idea for the CMS as I drawn it on a piece of paper being bored so ye, quite a bit of editing needed before the end.
O.o just got a sick idea lol, I will add ADS Management Plugin which will load ADS on the site as well as increase few things in MySQL when the AD is loaded so the AD owner can see how much he/she has to pay using a private AD Detail system which will just show them how many times the AD has been served on the website. ^^ muahaaaa
Pages: 1 2