MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any heavily customized portal out there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to see some heavily customized MyBB portal (default) that I can use as inspiration for my forum at pinoyhon.com.. Anyone know of any?
MKportal works with a tweak for 1.4 i think.
What do you want to see in a portal, really? I find portals look better with some sort of content slider..
It would be cool if someone could make a portal modification in MyBB that used a content slider for the announcements Big Grin
What exactly do you mean with a content slider?
Like the one on indiePaper. Thats a content slider.
Ohh, didn't know those things were called like that too. But anyways, it shouldn't be hard. Some php would do the trick to feed the slider automatically.

I'll give it a try sometime, and would probably release it since I'm not a big fan of portals Toungue
(2009-11-13, 03:37 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]....But anyways, it shouldn't be hard. Some php would do the trick....

If only I knew PHP... Toungue
I was using W3Schools to learn Javascript (It said I should know Javascript before PHP) but Im stuck at cookies... Makes no sense to me Toungue

Ok enough of my off topic posts Big Grin
JS is easy! You must learn Java first Toungue (that's how I found most fundaments easy lol)

To get a little on topic: so that's a concent slider on a portal... hmm, interesting (yeah, maybe I don't trick anyone xD)
I was wondering if anyone got to make the portal.php somewhat of a portal (CMS?) or news portal look with images(thumbnails), columns and etc2x..
Pages: 1 2