MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB ACP keeps prompting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
what the hell is this? i can't do anything without it keep prompting me for my login information. i just installed this for the VERY first time, and i can't even get rid of this authentication prompt for every single thing i do

i seen a 58 page thread on this but that's too much when there's no way to find a solution without reading through every page
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html

Funnily enough the solution is in the first post, you don't need to read the entire thread... Undecided
I think we really need some huge banner on the forum in the header with "ACP PROBLEMS" Toungue.
no, because i read the first page, and i followed what it says. infact, its already in place like the first page is stating, but its STILL DOING IT. that's why i came to this thread.
And we cannot help you any further without a URL and a test account.
sorry, i am setting this up for my job, and it's an internal website.

but no matter how many times i change the cookie domains and path, they keep going back to ".our-server:81

I'm hosting this on port 81, im sure that has nothing to do with this, hopefully.. but the settings keep going back to the same, and i have the proper permissions. i didn't know how to do that CHMOD crap so i just gave "everyone" full control over the whole forums, TEMPORARILY til i get it set up right
Well, without a URL there's nothing more we can suggest at all. It does say in the sticky thread not to include a port number though...
Ah... even if i took out the port number, it'll change itself back. maybe i'll try hosting on port 80 instead

EDIT: nope, does the same thing. evn without the port.. this is ridiculous. why would they make this a DEFAULT setting?
Are you editing settings.php to do this??
(2009-11-14, 09:40 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are you editing settings.php to do this??

The thread said to delete the settings to let it regenerate itself. It regenerated itself but nothing changed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4