MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked myself out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I accidentily locked myself out of my admin panel. I need help please...
http://www.pitbull-planet.com
Can you explain exactly how you're locked out?? You haven't explained what you've done. Did you change your usergroup?? Remove admin rights from the admin group?? What?? What page were you on just before it happened??
Ok Sorry, I was creating a new group (MVP'S). I accidentially switched my primary settings to(MVP'S). I set my display settings as Admin. My other admins do not have permissions to change me back. Once I made that mistake my admin cp disappeared.....
I was in user groups when this happened
(2009-11-17, 08:23 PM)SMOKIN HEMI Wrote: [ -> ]Ok Sorry, I was creating a new group (MVP'S). I accidentially switched my primary settings to(MVP'S). I set my display settings as Admin. My other admins do not have permissions to change me back. Once I made that mistake my admin cp disappeared.....
I was in user groups when this happened

In your Cpanel, go to your forum directory / inc/config.php

Find

"$config['super_admins'] = '1';"
and change the '1' to your user id. This should work, if not let me know.
Right, run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = 'X';

Change the X to your UID, found at the end of the URL when you view your profile.

(2009-11-17, 08:33 PM)Miley Wrote: [ -> ]In your Cpanel, go to your forum directory / inc/config.php

Find

"$config['super_admins'] = '1';" and change the "1" to your user id. shold work

They'll already be there, that wouldn't have changed, the reason other admins can't edit his account is because he's already a super admin.
Sorry, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. What goes into running a query?
In your host control panel you should have something called phpMyAdmin. Choose that, and then when you're there you'll see your database in a list on the left, click that, you'll see some tabs along the top, one of which is called SQL, click that, paste the query in, change the X to your UID, click Go.
You could also subscribe to MyBBCentral and use Labrocca's EzSQL plugin. It allows you to easily run SQL queries via the Admin CP.
Following Miley's instructions by setting your account as the "Super Admin" should do the trick.

No matter what other group or status you've been switched to, you're a Root Admin because of the "Super Admin" settings.
(2009-11-17, 10:25 PM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]Following Miley's instructions by setting your account as the "Super Admin" should do the trick.

No matter what other group or status you've been switched to, you're a Root Admin because of the "Super Admin" settings.

No, it will not fix it. He is already classed as a super admin, his UID has never been removed from the config file, and that is why, as I said above, the other admins can't edit his account, because he is still technically a super admin, he is just not in the administrator usergroup, and a super admin cannot be edited, that's the point of a super admin. He is a super admin, but cannot access the ACP as he is not in the admin usergroup, and no other admin can change that, hence the need for the query. I think people misunderstand what being a super admin means, all it means is you cannot be edited, deleted, or banned in the ACP, nothing more, it doesn't give you admin powers on it's own; you can't be in the normal registered group, be in ./inc/config.php as a super admin and still access the ACP, because your usergroup doesn't have ACP access.

The only way of doing it with no query is to make another admin a super admin, get them to edit your account, and then remove them as a super admin, but that's a longer and slower method. Putting your own UID there will do nothing, it's already there anyway.
Pages: 1 2