MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Viewing threads shows the vBulletin version instead of MyBB version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so I have a vBulletin forum at http://example.com/
I imported the forum into a MyBB installation, at http://example.com/mybb/

The MyBB works fine, with all the users and posts imported from vBulletin, but for some reason, when I view a thread in MyBB, it will use the vBulletin showthread.php script to generate the thread (which will result in the No Thread specified. error message most of the time since the thread IDs are different).

Why is this happening? I'm guessing the problem is in my General Configuration, but they look fine, and other pages in MyBB such as forumdisplay work fine.
It won't be using the vB version, it wouldn't work at all if it was, it wouldn't get as far as displaying a No Thread specified error, you'd just get a load of PHP errors. It'll be more helpful if we can have your real URL and not just example.com...
How is that not giving errors?? Where is it getting the vB info from if the files aren't in that directory... don't understand how that's working at all. o.O Have you tried deleting it and uploading a new MyBB version...??
(2009-11-20, 09:40 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]How is that not giving errors?? Where is it getting the vB info from if the files aren't in that directory... don't understand how that's working at all. o.O Have you tried deleting it and uploading a new MyBB version...??

No, but I just installed MyBB about five minutes before finding that the threads are like this. Maybe it's something I have setup in my vBulletin? Although if that's the case, then it still shouldn't be triggered by MyBB, right?
The only way I can think of that would cause this to happen is if the file has been edited to include vB files from a different directory. If this is a vB file it'll be trying to load other vB files, which it won't be able to find in the /mybb/ folder... see what uploading the MyBB version over it.
(2009-11-20, 09:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The only way I can think of that would cause this to happen is if the file has been edited to include vB files from a different directory. If this is a vB file it'll be trying to load other vB files, which it won't be able to find in the /mybb/ folder... see what uploading the MyBB version over it.

The /mybb/showthread.php is definitely MyBB's original copy. It's the 1.4 version downloaded straight from the MyBB homepage.
I don't see how that's possible, it'd be loading MyBB stuff, not vB stuff.... have you deleted it and reuploaded it??
(2009-11-20, 09:51 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see how that's possible, it'd be loading MyBB stuff, not vB stuff.... have you deleted it and reuploaded it??

Yes.
Do you have any rewrite rules that might be making it load the vB file or something?? If it's a MyBB file it will run MyBB code, not vB code. There shouldn't be any need to play around with anything, if it's a MyBB file it's a MyBB file, there must be something non-default somewhere if that MyBB file is outputting vB code.
Pages: 1 2