MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Security
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-11-21, 09:49 PM)Hiawatha Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-21, 09:21 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]As you said before regarding Hiawatha, "prove that MyBB is not safe".
Just follow the Secunia link I posted earlier and you have your prove. I know, thoses issues are fixed, but it shows that a secure core is missing, otherwise those vulnerabilities wouldn't have existed.

You need to understand the history of our code base. It started back in 2001, maybe before. These kind of "secure core" architectures did not exist like they do today. In addition, we were very much a smaller community and much less "experienced" then we are today.
Just from buzzing around the forums, you'll know that when MyBB encounters a vulnerability, it is fixed very quickly. I can attest to that. No software is perfect.
I dont see your point of Secunia becuase

vB: http://secunia.com/advisories/search/?search=vbulletin has 33

Also for every MyBB vulnerabilities it says:

Quote:Software: MyBB (formerly MyBulletinBoard) 1.x

I believe we are on 1.4.x or they just didnt feel like putting the .4.x in Toungue.

I believe we are on 1.4
Hi This is Fregzius.
I have always been crazy to know about the My BB's Security. I like to know about the security issues of this site so any one please tell me about the related issue on this forum.
Thanks and regards.
(2009-11-24, 03:38 PM)fregzius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi This is Fregzius.
I have always been crazy to know about the My BB's Security. I like to know about the security issues of this site so any one please tell me about the related issue on this forum.
Thanks and regards.

It's simple. There are none Smile
(2009-11-24, 03:39 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks and regards.

@ Ryan its a spambot.
(2009-11-24, 03:39 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]It's simple. There are none Smile

Kind of cocky aren't we? Toungue Although I've never had any issues security wise with mybb.Smile
(2009-11-24, 03:39 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks and regards.

Look at his signature, "r4 games", everyone with that signature is a spammer
(2009-11-24, 04:01 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of cocky aren't we? Toungue

MyBB 1.4.9 has no known security issues. I think he has a right to be cocky. Shy
I know, but you may be tempting fate.
Pages: 1 2 3