MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More than one display usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So other forum software have it where there's more than one display usergroup. E.g if you have admin and VIP usergroup images and someone is both they can only display one image why not let them display more than 1?
How would that work?? You can't have more than one display group, what username style would it show, for example?? Having it show all usergroup images for additional usergroups would make more sense.

Edit: typo.
I'm no genius but I think this would simple to implement or as a mod.

Couldn't you just use the display/main group as the one to handle the username format. Then use the additional groups for the extra rank images.
Perhaps a set up as such:

[] = checkbox, () = radio button.

Radio button is the username formatting; checkbox is additional group images to show;

(o) [/] Group 1
() [/] Group 2
() [] Group 3
() [] Group 4

For example. Though it is a bit confusing, I prefer this way over the secondary group path. What if you want a user to have say admin privileges, but not display such? You should be able to set them up with admin as secondary groups, without displaying such.
I mean for it to look like this:
[Image: thisy.png]

You could have display usergroups and use CTRL to select multiple, then additional usergroups hold CTRL to select multiple(This means you don't see the image(it's hidden usergroup)).
Ooh I like the look of that Big Grin

Yeah, if it showed all group images from your additional usergroups (you can already have multiple additional usergroups), that would be good.
I use Additional Groups Images (3.0) By Zaher
^^ try it
(2009-11-23, 05:58 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh I like the look of that Big Grin

Yeah, if it showed all group images from your additional usergroups (you can already have multiple additional usergroups), that would be good.
But as I said, what if you don't want to display the additional groups? For example, you may want to grant admin access to a user without letting the whole world know, and with this set up, you wouldn't be able to.
Didn't lex already make this plugin?
(2009-11-23, 06:00 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]I use Additional Groups Images (3.0) By Zaher
^^ try it
i can only find v2 can you link me to v3 please.
Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3