MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: .co.uk or .info?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am going to make a MyBB hosting site (Yes I know there are already a few, but this is my descision) and .com is already taken. And I know .co.uk would be relatively cheap. But. The place I am going to use to host the domain has a special offer. A .info domain is only 2.98 for the first year.

Which should I chose?
(Dont start going on about the MyBB hosting site not being a good idea, I made this thread to help with descisions on the domain name, not the site.)
Nevermind, the .co.uk was over $17 :O
$17/year is a very small price to pay if you are setting up a hosting website, tbh, that is if you are successful.
Yeah but why getting a co.uk for 17$ when you can get a .com, .net or .org (more professional imo) for half-price? That's just worthless, really. So, joshee, either you get a .com, .net, .org or just go for the .info promotion.
My point was to choose whichever one you feel will grant you the most success.
dot-info is for information, not for hosting companies.
I think co.uk since that's like a .com, info is not for hosting.
.com or .net would be your cheapest bet, or .co.uk
.net is for a community, hosting companies should go under a .com or .co.uk if they are English.
(2009-11-26, 01:13 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ].net is for a community, hosting companies should go under a .com or .co.uk if they are English.

.net is actually for ISPs, but nobody seems to really care about that anymore.
What domains are used for has since been forgotten (IMO)

.tv for media
.com .co.uk .org .net for normal sites
.info for information
Pages: 1 2 3 4