MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Very Laggy and Slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey guys,

I've talked to my hosting company (IX webhosting) and have reviewed all of the server optimization settings, but no matter what I do my site seems to be very laggy.

Random Index Page Load:
Generated in 3.1104689 seconds (43.08% PHP / 56.92% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 15 / Global Parsing Time: 2.1928790 / Memory Usage: 4.5 MB
PHP version: 5.2.11 / Server Load: Unknown / GZip Compression: Enabled
[advanced details

Sometimes the generation can take a max of 12 seconds, but a good mybb forum normally loads within 0.0... If you browse my forum you will quickly see that simply loading the homepage and navigating to a random page is rather laggy and not really helping me get anything done efficiently.

Forum: http://www.computerlimbo.com

I am running on the latest PHP versions and MYSQL provided by IX, I have GZIP compession set to 9, and everything else looks good, except the site speed.

Thanks again,
TheWiz
Memory usage is quite high and it looks like the majority of the load time is global.php parsing, shouldn't take 2+ seconds to parse that... what plugins do you have??
Board Copyright (1.0)
Add Spiders (0.1)
Board Messages (2.0.0)
Fake Admin CP (1.0)
Forum Icons (2.1)
Google Analytics (1.3)
Image Resizer & Optimizer with GD (1.1)
Infobar (1.2)
Show the users that has been online today (2.0)
Private Messages Admin (2.4.1)
Sitemap Generator (1.4.0RC2)

The random slowness has been ocurring a while, and the Infobar and forum Icons I don't believe to be the culprit as this issue has been happening before I installed them yesterday.
Try disabling Sitemap genator, and the google analytics plugin. Try Image Resizer & Optimizer with GD (1.1) also.
Who is host? Your site is so small that none of the listed plugins should be a problem. My guess is a cheap crappy host blaming MyBB script.
I disabled all mention, doesn't really help it
I have an unlimited hosting account with IX webhosting with latest versions of PHP and MYSQL. I contacted their support team and they said queries etc. look fine.
There is no such thing is unlimited. Unlimited means they're overselling, this doesn't sound like MyBB's fault at all.
By unlimited I mean 99,999 GB of bandwidth a mont Disk space 50000MB

A recent reply from Admin at IX:

Note, that your site takes much more information from mysql server, that is why it takes more time to load. But as I checked general speed on your site and mysql database it seems all works pretty fast at this moment. In case you have some slowness related to database, please let us know direct URL link where we can check this slowness and also slow queries that takes much time to be executed.
For now site takes about 2-3 seconds to be loaded. Please check it from your side again. I've changed status of this ticket to waiting until your update with additional information.

Kind regards,
Kirill Skripka
Technical Support
24/7 Live Chat
Rate This Reply:

Wewbhosting address: ixwebhosting.com
Please note I have other sites on there that run very quickly, such as my personal family website.
I run two MyBB forums on this hosting service. http://bios-mods.com and computerlimbo. Biosmods has 5500 members and is faster than computer limbo...
There is absolutely no way in hell that each individual client has 100,000 GB of bandwidth and 50GB of disk space all to themselves for the prices listed there. They are over selling. 100 terabytes of bandwidth?? I don't think so. Or did you mean 99,999 MB??
Well it is rated a very high hosting company for Windows, I'm locked in for two years, there representatives I speak with seem knowledgable, and I have other sites that run very well on their servers. I'm paying about 250 for two years for this. I would appreciate any other ideas besides blaming my web host because I'm locked in for two years, and I havent been able to confirm if its the software or the hsot at all, but I would like to have both possibilities explored.

Thanks,
TheWiz
Pages: 1 2 3 4