MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Comparing mybb with Vbulletin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2009-12-01, 11:55 AM)X-n3t Wrote: [ -> ]Labrocca's HF was one of the most hight security forum and got defaced and rm -rf/ three times . How do u explain that ? Anyway i think vB is more secure . this is my opinion though

As per my best knowledge deface is not related to any code or any Forum software. Deface is entirely depends on Hosting Security. I got my index.html which i made in Photoshop got defaced 3 times when i was on host1plus cheap hosting with direct admin. So deface is not related to any software. Rest if hacked due to plugin then myBB or any software is not responsible.
(2009-11-30, 04:22 AM)JustForFun Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking at using mybb and was wondering looking for two features like vBulletin has.

A chat room and picture album manager. Anything compatible in mybb?

thanks in advance?

Please disregard X-n3t's posts.
But if you are looking for a chat plugin, this one is the one I use.
PJIRC for MyBB. For newbies it can be confusing to install, but imo its worth it.
(2009-12-01, 11:55 AM)X-n3t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-01, 11:39 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Almost all the people who get hacked are hacked because they're running old versions with known issues or there's a vulnerability with something non-MyBB related on the host.

I do not agree with you . I have seen latest vB forums get hacked . I have also seen MyBB 1.4.9 get hacked . Labrocca's HF was one of the most hight security forum and got defaced and rm -rf/ three times . How do u explain that ? Anyway i think vB is more secure . this is my opinion though

Learn your facts:

1) There are no reported vulnerabilities in MyBB 1.4.9 OR MyBB 1.4.10.
2) How do I explain Labrocca's HF getting hacked? Other vulnerabilities in other software. For instance, the last time HF was hacked was through an OpenSSL vulnerability or a plugin I believe.

If you are going to say MyBB gets hacked more then vBulletin then back it up with proof. Until then, you really aren't qualified to give an opinion on that.

Thanks,
Ryan
This haves nothing to do with Labrocca . I mentioned his forum cause he haves skills and is a well known MyBB webmaster . Anyway I honestly hope that mybb is the safest software for our own good . I just told my opinion . Im sorry if I said something wrong Smile

@alirex You are wrong saying that defaces come from hosting security . One of 1000 ways that u can deface a website its hosting security . Also you must know that does not exist a website that cant be deface .
(2009-12-01, 04:59 PM)X-n3t Wrote: [ -> ]This haves nothing to do with Labrocca . I mentioned his forum cause he haves skills and is a well known MyBB webmaster.

That's funny. If this has nothing to do with labrocca's site then why did you bring it up?
X-n3t, I don't trust your logic, and I highly doubt you have any at all, since you couldn't figure out Matt uses a random php code for his avatar therefore every time you refresh you see a new one.

Every software has their vulnerabilities. At the moment the reasons people were hacked were because they are not careful or because of plugins, not because of the software.
(2009-12-01, 10:19 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-01, 04:59 PM)X-n3t Wrote: [ -> ]This haves nothing to do with Labrocca . I mentioned his forum cause he haves skills and is a well known MyBB webmaster.

That's funny. If this has nothing to do with labrocca's site then why did you bring it up?

Ha.

Yes, no software of this nature is ever going to be 100% secure no matter how hard we try, it's a case of whether or not any issues are found; if they're not found, logically they can't be exploited, but they're patched very quickly when they are found, and then it's down to the user to apply the fix.
If you don't trust MyBB nothing we say will convince. I think its track record kind of shows security is huge. And, you praise a labrocca who uses and trusts MyBB, but don't trust it yourself.
@Ryan Gordon>I dont see where the funny part is here ! Like i said i mentioned Labrocca cause I know him for one year and I know a lot of things about him .

X=n3t Wrote:I mentioned his forum cause he haves skills and is a well known MyBB webmaster.

@FullMetalBabe> I didnt knew that he was using a php script about his avatar . Im new here and I just started learning . This have nothing to do with my logic .

@everyone in this thread : I do trust MyBB . this is a reason why i installed MyBB and not vBulletin phpBB SMF or other softwares .

Please dont try to misunderstand me . Im new and trying to learn so dont be rude just try to learn me a few things if u have free time to post a reply
You have grammar like AVC...
Pages: 1 2 3 4