MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Duplicate email notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

A few of my users have noticed two email notifications for the threads they have subscribed. I did a quick search and didn't find anything for the issue I am having. I have no idea where to look to fix this problem. I cannot confirm that everyone that is subscribed to threads is receive two email notifications.

Here's the link to the post where some users have posted about this problem.
http://www.ej8squad.com/thread-10699-page-1.html

Thanks,

Jeremy
Do they have 2 accounts using the same email? That's the only way I've seen this happen.
(2009-12-09, 01:30 AM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]Do they have 2 accounts using the same email? That's the only way I've seen this happen.

Negative, I just checked two of the users that are experiencing the problem and only one account is tied to their email account.
Ok, I guess a Dev/Support person will need to handle this Sad Sorry.
(2009-12-09, 01:55 AM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I guess a Dev/Support person will need to handle this Sad Sorry.

You tried to help and I thank you for that.
I'm still looking to resolve this problem. One particular user received three email notifications for a single thread subscription. This user only has one email associated with his forum account.
(2009-12-19, 02:01 PM)gimmezell Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still looking to resolve this problem. One particular user received three email notifications for a single thread subscription. This user only has one email associated with his forum account.

Check your database and see if they have multiple entries for a subscription to that thread.
(2009-12-19, 03:11 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-19, 02:01 PM)gimmezell Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still looking to resolve this problem. One particular user received three email notifications for a single thread subscription. This user only has one email associated with his forum account.

Check your database and see if they have multiple entries for a subscription to that thread.

Thanks for the reply sir. Where would I look exactly? Sorry, when it comes to databases I'm a complete novice.
Run this query:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `mybb_threadsubscriptions` WHERE `uid` 'X' AND `tid` = 'Y';

Change X to the UID of the user getting the emails, and Y to the ID of the thread they're subscribed to. This should return a result of 1, if all is good here.
Thanks for giving him the query Matt, I went out and didn't see he'd asked till I got back Smile
But yes, in phpMyAdmin do exactly what Matt said.
Pages: 1 2 3