MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: {$bgcolor} (how to edit?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, bit of a weird question or a nooby one?

I'm trying to edit the style for forumbit_depth2_forum, but have no idea where {$bgcolor} or any other {$} code is kept. Could someone please help?

I want to change the properties of {$bgcolor}.

Thank you,
That just decides weather it should use .trow1 or .trow2
They are in your global.css
You can replace {$bgcolor} with anything you want basically for example if you want a third trow (.trow3) that is different from .trow1 and .trow2 you can replace {$bgcolor} with .trow3
Indeed, but don''t forget to first define the .trow3 or what ever you will call the new css class at the stylesheet as well.
(2009-12-10, 12:22 AM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, but don''t forget to first define the .trow3 or what ever you will call the new css class at the stylesheet as well.

Thanks all, I don't quite understand how $bgcolor defines itself as .trow[i] though.

Could I just replace the following:

<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top">

With:

<td class="tcat" valign="top">
Yes, you can. As a matter of fact you can replace it with any css class that you want.
Just bumping this old thread.

I'm working on my theme and i don't want to use trow1 and trow2 on the site with the exception of forumdisplay_thread and search result e.g. View new Posts

How should i edit {$bgcolor} to show a different color for 2 row in this templates?

Thanks
J
Use a different variable e.g. {$bgcolor2} and add its style in global.css
And what the styles will lokk like?

I'm really curios how this stuff works? how the {$bgcolor} looks to the trow1 and trow2 elements.
$bgcolor is a variable, {$bgcolor} is a template placeholder for the $bgcolor variable. The code defines $bgcolor as .trow1 or .trow2 at it iterates through the items being output so when the template is called, {$bgcolor} is replaced with the current value of $bgcolor
Pages: 1 2