MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My fail attempt at poetry.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well it comes from the heart..

If i had to have 1000 tatoos, each one would resemble you.
If i had to run every street, I know for you its worth the feat.
If i had to jump into the sky, you know for you I would surely die.
If i had to sacrifce my soul, I would do it, quicker then you know.
If i had to sail across the seas, it would be nothing compared to thee.
If i had to walk a milllion miles, I would come walking down golden plate tiles.
If i had to say goodbye. You know, I would surely cry.

CC please?
I don't really know how to write poetry so don't know how to have you improve it. But, listen to Whispers in the dark by Skillet and that should give you some inspiration for some lines Toungue.

Edit: Since I have it open in song bird I'll just give you the lyrics.
Quote:Despite the lies that you're making
Your love is mine for the taking
My love is just waiting
To turn your tears to roses

Despite the lies that you're making
Your love is mine for the taking
My love is just waiting
To turn your tears to roses

I will be the one that's gonna hold you
I will be the one that you run to
My love is a burning,
consuming fire

No! You'll never be alone
When darkness comes
I'll light the night with stars
Hear the whispers in the dark
No, you'll never be alone
When darkness comes you know I'm never far

Whispers in the dark

You feel so lonely and ragged
You lay here broken and naked
My love is just waiting
To clothe you in crimson roses

I will be the one that's gonna find you
I will be the one that's gonna guide you
My love is a burning,
consuming fire

No! You'll never be alone
When darkness comes
I'll light the night with stars
No, you'll never be alone
When darkness comes you know I'm never far
Hear the whispers in the dark (x2)

Whispers in the dark (x3)
(2009-12-11, 05:23 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really know how to write poetry so don't know how to have you improve it. But, listen to Whispers in the dark by Skillet and that should give you some inspiration for some lines Toungue.

Why? I hate it when people say "Oh this is totally inspired by blah." I want my work to be unique Toungue.

Btw

ALEX!?!?!?

Sorry had too.
Hey, it's a song about love and I liked it. You can be unique while looking at others work as well. And, I understand but I'm no poet so don't know how to help otherwise Big Grin.
i know it :p But inspiration is another word for plagirism *My english teacher said so Toungue*
Who cares what your English teacher says. That's like saying everyone who ever wrote a poem is a plagiarist as well they all have something in common. Or, every action movie is a copy the first one.
Well from an creative point of view she is right. Be as different as you can. From a realistic view, you are right :p
No, in both I'm write Toungue. You don't just become a writer. You usually write because someone before you wrote and you loved their writing. Without the egg there is no chicken.
(2009-12-11, 05:37 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]No, in both I'm write Toungue. You don't just become a writer. You usually write because someone before you wrote and you loved their writing. Without the egg there is no chicken.

But Netsage which came first?

I didn't I write to calm down. To reach my moment of calmness. When i am stressed or worried. I don't right because i like too. Well poetry at least.
Well that's a discussion I don't want to get into as well it's complicated Toungue.

Well your situation is your own. I was saying most people who write do it because they enjoy it and want to inspire others like they were inspired. At least I would think. However many people do write for themselves like you (journals and what not). But, that wasn't stated in the topic till your last post, so...

Ya
Pages: 1 2