MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix default group?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm haveing problems with registerion on my forums. After a user signs up and clicks the email they are not being put into the registered
group. I'm having to manualy go through and put them into the group manualy. The first persion that signup for my forums made a post as a Super Moderator. I thought that was wierd.

This is a default install with no plugins or any thing changed in it yet. I'm using the iMySql as the database connector.
This isn't Merge System support, moved to General Support.

I can't see how this is happening on a default installation, the code certainly doesn't put them in the super moderator group... can we have your URL??
(2009-12-12, 11:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't Merge System support, moved to General Support.

I can't see how this is happening on a default installation, the code certainly doesn't put them in the super moderator group... can we have your URL??

Sure here is the link
http://alphaplugin.com/forums
So you have absolutely no plugins and you downloaded MyBB from here?? It looks like it's adding additional usergroups as there's still the option to resend the activation email even though my primary group is super mods, so I'm still also in the awaiting activation usergroup too.
Yea I download it today and got the forums setup. All I did too it was setup the forums. I have not changed any other settings in the backend.

I'm running this on Win2003 Enterprise Edition VPS with the Latest PHP5 on IIS6 with FastCGI, uisng iMySql as the database connector.

I will make your user an admin so you can log into the backend
Can you export your usergroups table and attach it here?? Can you also check what the primary usergroup and additional usergroups of my user account are in the ACP??
Here is a SQL Dump of my usergroups table
Dunno what the hell has happened here, instead of the group IDs going from 1-7, they go 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13. So the awaiting activation group ID, which is normally 5, is now attached to super mods.

Run these queries:

UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `gid` = '2' WHERE `title` = 'Registered';
UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `gid` = '3' WHERE `title` = 'Super Moderators';
UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `gid` = '4' WHERE `title` = 'Administrators';
UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `gid` = '5' WHERE `title` = 'Awaiting Activation';
UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `gid` = '6' WHERE `title` = 'Moderators';
UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `gid` = '7' WHERE `title` = 'Banned';
I know what happened. I have the MySQL Server setup as part of a Master-Master Replication. In the my.ini settings file I have

auto_increment_offset=1

That is what is causing the problems. I guess the ID's are hard coded into MyBB.

Thanks for the great help.
Well, they have to be hard coded to an extent, when users are set to be awaiting activation their usergroup is set to 5, which by default is the awaiting activation group; if the GID of 5 is set to anything else, things won't work properly, as demonstrated here.
Pages: 1 2