MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Console World Contest - Get Left 4 Dead 2, Torchlight or Team Fortress 2 for FREE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

I am proud to announce the first Console World contest.

Starting date: 14th December 2009 at 23:59 GMT+00
Ending date: 14th January 2010 at 23:59 GMT+00 (this date can be extended if we decide it needs to be extended)

Prizes
Prizes:
  • 1st place - Left 4 Dead 2 (sent as a gift through Steam)
  • 2nd place - Torchlight (sent as a gift through Steam)
  • 3rd place - Team Fortress 2 (sent as a gift through Steam)

How do I participate?

Make useful posts and that's it!
Invite people from here. (the more referrals you have, the higher the chances you have to win)
Just leave a post here and we will validate your application.

How do I win?

The staff will validate every user who has joined the contest as well as each post and thread posted by each user.
The more referrals you have, the higher the changes you have to win.
The more the times you're the member of the week (the user with the most posts in a week is the member of the week), the higher the chances you have to win.

We will post a new thread once the ending date has been reached to explain how we will count posts and threads, game saves/game cheats submissions and "member of the week" titles.

What are useful posts?
Useful posts can be:
Of course there are many types of useful posts and we will evaluate all posts once the contest has ended.

What CAN'T I do?

You can't:
  • Create multiple accounts.
  • Edit your posts after the ending date. Edited posts after the ending date are not counted.
  • Cheat in any kind of way. (obviously)
  • Copy data from other websites. (e.g. guides, tutorials)

Remember that we verify all posts before we give the prizes.

By entering the contest, you agree that we are allowed to choose not to give you the prize for any reason at any time.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them.
lol referrals have do to all that crap? I'd be surprised if you had any relevant number of participants. Honestly I don't see anyone asking "oh plz join this forum as my referral, make lots of usefull posts and thread AND stay active until this contest ends" I would be like kthxbai and that's it.

Contests MUST be simple and judged by quantity, not quality. But that's just me..
Oh and, GREAT prizes. You really are buying all that for the winners?? :p
Well yeah we were not sure which way to do it: you must make useful posts or your referrals must make useful posts.
I've just changed it as it hasn't started it yet. Re-read the post in case you want to participate Smile
Great idea. I am interested in how this will work out Wink.
(2009-12-14, 07:33 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Submit gave sames

I don't think thats what you meant... Ps, your site is doing funny things, I think the <html> <head> and <body> tags are missing...?
(2009-12-15, 05:30 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-14, 07:33 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Submit gave sames

I don't think thats what you meant... Ps, your site is doing funny things, I think the <html> <head> and <body> tags are missing...?
Fixed the "sames", thanks.
And no those tags are not missing, why did you ask that?
Isn't your website based on consoles? These are PC games your offering as prizes...just seems strange to me =P

Good luck with your contest.
(2009-12-15, 04:35 PM)-Prowler- Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't your website based on consoles? These are PC games your offering as prizes...just seems strange to me =P

Good luck with your contest.

Offering console games requires shipping which can be painless as I'm from Portugal and the winner can be from a distant country so I thought that by doing it with Steam Gifts, it would be better as it's instant Smile
No, it makes sense and everything...but it seems slightly redundent. The whole purpose of your site is to cater to console players, if I understand it correctly. If you had a PC section I would understand but its like your offering a prize for the complete opposite side of the spectrum.

It is a nice contest =P Though I don't play on consoles which makes it hard to post anything worthwhile.
(2009-12-15, 02:44 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]And no those tags are not missing, why did you ask that?

It isn't doing it any more but when I the site originally it just showed the source code which is what usually happens when you leave out a few tags (I didn't look into it to closely just closed the tab) but I am guessing it was just Chrome playing up.
Pages: 1 2