MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weightism.org : A Weight Loss forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This forum has been made using the MyBB forum software. The installation went pretty seamlessly. Before this I had used this domain to power weight article directory but it did not really catch on because users wanted a place to discuss and not just post content. Therefore the decision of converting this website (weightism.org) into a weight loss forum was taken.

We will keep this forum Ad-Free as far as possible.

Weightism refers to discrimination faced by overweight and underweight individuals. Your suggestions are welcome.. Also Any suggestions on how to attract users this forum.

I am frankly impressed with the variety of customizations you can do with MyBB software and kind-of surprised that it's free.

Thanks guys !!
Install a better theme Toungue
I had thought about changing the Theme myself.. but could not come to a conclusion .. can you give some suggestions?

(2009-12-14, 11:03 PM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]Install a better theme Toungue
Buy a custom one from Zynge.net
Thanks .. Keep your other suggestions flowing ...

(2009-12-14, 11:30 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Buy a custom one from Zynge.net
Well, I agree that you might want to make the theme a bit more exciting. But what's your mission statement? In your post you said "Weightism refers to discrimination faced by overweight and underweight individuals." But the forum appears to be only for overweight people at the moment. That may be a wise choice - but if you decide to extend to cover underweight you will need to consider the forum split.

There are some very nice free themes available in the mods section, and you may want to consider switching on the portal page option. On my site I use it to link to interesting things on my forum - you might need to edit the HTML if you want to use it more as a front page though.
Thanks leesester,
Your suggestion has been noted ..(the forum appears to be only for overweight people at the moment)

I am convinced that the appearance of my forum needs a change.
The afresh themes are outstanding
You could use my free theme http://mods.mybboard.net/view/mybb-pro or I could design a custom one for a cheap price
Hallo
I had a go at making a logo for your site - I could also do some basic theme edits for you if you like? I liked the bright colours and its healthy food, so I thought fitting.

I would pick up the colours of the fruit and add it all up into a nice sunny layout. Being picked on if you are fat or too thin is not fun, so I thought maybe the forum users would like a bright sunny style. Cheer them up a bit.
Pages: 1 2