MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem Importing Backup?? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
A regression in the 1.4.10 release caused [Issue #580], an error that caused the table names in backups to be surrounded by '' not ``. As an example:

Correct:

INSERT INTO table (`something`) VALUES ('something');

Broken:

INSERT INTO table ('something') VALUES ('something');

If the tables names are surrounded by '' and not `` you will get an SQL error. If you have this, please use this file:
[attachment=16571]

Upload your backup to your server (like you would any other file) as a plain .sql file and edit the path to it on line 7 of this fix file. It will create a new backup file called 'new_backup.sql', (you can change this name if you want) and will not modify your current backup file. Also PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE FIXBACKUP.PHP FILE AFTER USE.

Hopefully this will solve the issue for people who have it. Note that this should only affect people who used an earlier version of 1.4.10; to fix the issue, please redownload 1.4.10 and upload a new copy of ./inc/tasks/backupdb.php, and upload it over your current version.
Downloaded 1.4.10 again, reuploaded backupdb.php but still have wrong mySQL backups
So you made a new one after uploading that file and it still happens?? I just tried, it's fine for me.
yep, made a test backup after uploading this file and still got 'gdfg' in insert instead of farerSad, Values are ok ('fsdfdfdf')
Are you sure it overwrote the current file properly?? I checked out my SVN and exported, it uses ``
can you tell me the date that you new file backupdb.php was modified?
I don't know exactly when it was changed in the package but if you download 1.4.10 again, like it says, the new file should be in there...
The file has the same date as mine...hmm, just click properties on this file, it should say when it was created and modified.

edit: ok, I'm trying to download it again and upload this file to my server

edit 2:

and the same....

[Image: 2u710th.jpg]

maybe you can send me this file via e-mail? I would be grateful, mobius(at)diablo-slayers.pl
Undecided OK... modified ‎10/‎12/‎2009 ‏‎01:54. I don't see why that's relevant though, if you've download a fresh copy, you'll have whatever the latest version of the file is... I just download again, installed a new forum, backed up, it was fine. I used the normal backup creator and the backup task, both had ``
OK, thank you anyway, will try again tomorrow, now I'm sleepyWink thanks

reinstalled Forum again..and...it worksToungue thanks Matt
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5