MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stop Super Mods from Deleting Admin Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Please make it so you can stop super moderators from removing administrator posts.
also, Stop Mod from deleting Super Mod Posts Wink
But if you have sensable mods and super mods then you wouldnt need this. And if they still keep deleting you posts/threads maybe there is something wrong with your threads.
What Devilson said.

If you can't trust your staff to not delete your posts there is something wrong with your staff not mybb.
It's possible to be an admin and not have control over the staff/site. Wink
Yeah! My mod, deleted my whole forum! (Don't know how)
(2009-12-24, 12:34 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]What Devilson said.

If you can't trust your staff to not delete your posts there is something wrong with your staff not mybb.

I completely agree. Plus you can view moderator logs in admincp.

I have a JUNK hidden forum on my sites for staff to move/split problem posts. I instruct all staff and moderators to JUNK and never delete. I even setup custom tools (admincp feature) for the actions so it's super easy for them.

I have yet to have a real problem doing this and it involves no modifications. Just your ability to choose wisely your staff.
While I know my staff team would never do this, it should at least be a default feature that admin posts are not editable by any lower group. And it is understandable, since it's not hard for moderators to vandalize your forum if they suddenly get angry over one of your decisions.

Also, there are plenty of plugins to prevent deletions such as trash can, soft delete, etc.
I don't think anybody bothered to read my post so I shall repeat myself and with more detail. It is possible to be an admin of a site without being the owner and without having any control over who becomes a mod. If it is the forum I am thinking of, he inherited the admin position after the other staff had already been picked by another person (most likely myself).
I have had this problem. A plugin would be very helpful imho.
Pages: 1 2 3