MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Real and fake users at the 24 hour users online list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Big Grin please

any can create this plugins for free ??
(2010-02-19, 08:17 PM)Walkman 5.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Big Grin please

Yep. Read the gpl for yourself.
"Fake Users Online"

This is just my opinion though, I honestly find these types of (plug-ins) to be deceiving.

Personally I prefer when my members are online and offline the right way!

What I am seeing here now is people trying to cheat their ways into make believing that real people are online.

The question is why do you need to deceive real people into believing that there are actual users online at the moment, (so that real people will join thinking that your site is full of Online users and that your site is also charging a fee)?

I think if I'm not mistaken that it's a criminal offense to operate this way in the USA, if you are doing it for a fee to have members join into make believing there are actual real Online members, when there is actually nobody really online, you can be charged for this if a member decides to report your site to which they have proof that you are deceiving your consumers!

I do not expect anyone to be happy with my thoughts on this plug-in, but please respect my thoughts towards this, that's all.
6 euro :s uff
(2010-04-23, 10:15 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]This is criminal to operate this way in the USA, if you are doing it for a fee to have members join into believing there are actual real Online members, when there is actually nobody really online, you can be charged for this!
So wait, if I do this, and get caught, what will I actually be charged for?
(2010-04-24, 08:20 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-23, 10:15 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]This is criminal to operate this way in the USA, if you are doing it for a fee to have members join into believing there are actual real Online members, when there is actually nobody really online, you can be charged for this!
So wait, if I do this, and get caught, what will I actually be charged for?

The police will come and put you on time out.
The forum is closed Smile
(2010-02-22, 12:46 AM)NBKTwitch Wrote: [ -> ]

Someone please post this.
Quote:I think if I'm not mistaken that it's a criminal offense to operate this way in the USA, if you are doing it for a fee to have members join into make believing there are actual real Online members, when there is actually nobody really online, you can be charged for this if a member decides to report your site to which they have proof that you are deceiving your consumers!

Actually, this is not illegal in the United States. The misrepresentation law is steered toward someone advertising a "good" and not selling you the what they say they are, or are in default all together. It is not geared toward a false amount of members on a website.
While this may not be "ethical" in some peoples eyes.. It is really on the administer, and actually would not make someone join or not. That is up to the person and whether they like the site or not and nothing more.
(2010-04-29, 12:00 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-22, 12:46 AM)NBKTwitch Wrote: [ -> ]

Someone please post this.

No one can post this because it will be against the rules and license. How ironic, you that were bitching a few days ago that someone took off the copyright to your theme, now you want to do the same about someone's else work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4