MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Seperate username and nickname?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://tuts.tabbiestower.info/tutorial-18.html Tells you how to do that. Sites down sadly. (Think thats the URL at least.)
Yes.. The site is down.
Hope to see it on soon. I'll try the tuto.
then how would one swap all the instances of username, to the new profile field nickname?
You can use that Profile Field as required on the registration.
but again how would one change all the instances of "username" like in the posts and whos online etc, to "nickname".. so literally only the username is for logins and nickname shows up everywhere else?
I would say the easy way to do it is the opposite. Just add another spot for login name, and when they login use that. Username will be the nickname.
Im unsure about that way, it might mess alot of things up around mybb if you changed the login to a profile field..

i think having a nickname profile field is fine, but still needing to replace all instances of username with nickname, any help?
You don't change the login to a profile field, you don't really understand what I'm saying. It would be easier than modifying every page/template that displays the username, instead you would only have to modify one thing and it would have the same outcome.
Just add a Custom Profile Field, make it required and do not hid from profile...
ACP>Custom Profile Field>Add New Profile Field
But adding a custom field wont replace the instances of USERNAME all around the forum, like in posts, WOL, profiles, etc etc.. i want the username to just be used for login and the nickname to be shown on the forum pages.
Pages: 1 2 3 4