MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Seperate username and nickname?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-01-11, 09:05 PM)adamdrake Wrote: [ -> ]But adding a custom field wont replace the instances of USERNAME all around the forum, like in posts, WOL, profiles, etc etc.. i want the username to just be used for login and the nickname to be shown on the forum pages.

I'll make a tut on this tonight. Sorry was wiping my laptop. I will try this tonight.
I can create a plugin for this, and I will hopefully later on today. It actually won't take long the way I've planned it.
That would be excellent.
I finished the login authentication, just need to do the rest of the plugin. As I said before instead of replacing all username instances, I just replaced the login instance to a different login name. Will finish later on.
So much easier to change Username in language files and add a Nickname profile field. Or the opposite.

Next we'll need a plugin to send private messages to other members. What's the point of a profile field if you don't use them?
Why a plugin to send private messages, they will still work.
(2010-01-11, 11:14 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Why a plugin to send private messages, they will still work.

I think that was his point, if i am not mistaken.
(2010-01-11, 10:40 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]What's the point of a profile field if you don't use them?
No point at all if you don't use them, just like thread ratings if I've ever really seen anyone really use them Toungue
My sites uses thread ratings all the time. I have 70,000 ratings on my forum. I do wish the ratings could be shut off though by forum id.
Then we have a good example of a site which uses it (assuming that actually counts to a reasonable proportion). This community is a good example where it's rarely ever used.
Pages: 1 2 3 4