MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some more help!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi there guys,
I'm in the process of updating my forums up to 1.2 and I'm having and have had some problems with Mybb.

First thing was when I upload an image into a post I get this...

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./uploads/post_2_1138168712.attach): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /mounted-storage/home5/sub003/sc12568-QBHD/community/inc/functions_upload.php on line 256

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpNJzQBP' to './uploads/post_2_1138168712.attach' in /mounted-storage/home5/sub003/sc12568-QBHD/community/inc/functions_upload.php on line 256

Does anyone know what's happening?

Second thing: Also, does anyone know where I can turn off reputation

Third thing: where I can get a script that removes the "/" in posts from previous versions of Mybb?

Cheers.
heloo there

regarding the 1st problem
make sure to Chmod the ./uploads to 777
if that didn't help, pls upload and execute this file.

regarding the 2nd problem for the rating thing, i hope u mean the rating and not reputation.

go to Admin CP > Templates > Modify / Delete > Expand > Members templates > member_profile
find & delete this

<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>$lang->rating</strong></td>
<td class="trow1">$ratestars $ratelink</td>
</tr>

for the 3rd problem, i dont get it Confused pls explain more
Regards
Sorry, I was referring to reputation, my mistake.

A while ago in one of the other releases when some users upgraded to preview release 2 members' posts would contain "/" marks where there was grammar like " or ' etc.

There were a few fixes, but none of them worked.

Thanks for your help so far though buddy.
heloo there

ok for the reputation

Admin Cp >tempaltes > modify/delete > expand > post bit templates > postbit
and delete
$post[replink]

Same for the Usercp templates > user cp

$reputation

regards
Fourth problem

New problem. I try to upload a theme and I get this message..

"MyBB Message,
Upload failed. Please try again."
are you sure u are using Mybb 1.2
almost positively. I will do a fresh Install and get back to you.
then make sure that the extension of the theme file is .xml

many regards
Thanks for your help so far.

Fifth problem Ok, now i'm getting some very weird problems. I've been on 1.0 for quite a while, and I loaded the 1.2 upgrade today (which I downloaded today) and the upgrade.php file only gives me the option of the release candidates and preview release 2. Even when I click on the latest version from the list and hit next, I get this query response...

mySQL error: 1091
Can't DROP 'messageindex'. Check that column/key exists
Query: ALTER TABLE mybb_threads DROP messageindex;

Something's messed up. lol.
Just an update...
I tried both uploading from a zip folder and from a directory, specifically pointing to the xml file and I still get the same error message as above.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5