MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: activiation mail - random password - instant activition all not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
could anyone help me plz there must be something worng or missed sorry but am stucked with the forum and anyone who try to register the registeration never complete - http://tahabo.freehostia.com/forums
I have always had this problem. My members using gmail or hotmail can get the confirmation emails, but yahoo almost always blocks them (not sure about aol).

My solution was to turn on instant activation. Don't allow many registrations from the same ip address. I also block people from signing up with the same email address.

I'm not sure what the problem is, because emails appear to be getting dispatched.
well if you are talking about some free mail service provider i think my problem is bigger than that if you can explain to me about the cookies path and cookies domain cuz everytime registered ones log in it ask them to log again
so they arent able to post anyway does that have something to do with chomd or cookies
thanx alot bro zaher you been a great help it works Wink
now one more thing to solve the email activation is not working Sad
would you please help me with it ?
Heloo there,
hwoever that i boubt that instant activation work, we will try to fix the activation mail problem
Pls take note that some servers will not allow outgoing mail, or may not be configured correctly Have a check with your host. however try to send ur self and email from ur board to make sure (Not PM )
, along to that some times these email will be gone to the spam folder in the mail account.

regards
hello there

ok i sent an email through the forum and it says the email was sent successfully but it did'nt really goes

i also try this php mail code

[/php]
<?php
$email = "myemail";
$t = mail($email,"hello","does this send?");

if($t) {
echo "sent";
} else {
echo "not sent";
}

?>
[php]

in my server url and it echo (sent ) but nothing come to my inbox

is there any way that this emailing system goes through eamil account like gmail?

here is my server settings

ip address : 147.202.45.202

DNS settings are:
dns1.freehostia.com
dns2.freehostia.com

Mail server : mail.freehostia.com

phpMyAdmin 2.5.3-rc1

MySQL 4.0.24_Debian-10sarge1

mysql2.freehostia.com

regards

Well then you will have to contact ur hosting Smile! and let them check this out for u Smile

i'm sorry

regards
Maybe you should ask your webhost if the PHP mail() function is disabled. On some free hosts they are disabled to prevent spam.
i cant send mail to my users through the board
any help?
ontime it worked and sent mails but it does not work now !!!!!!

its very urgent, i need send regular newsletter to all users
very bad situation if board mail cant work
user cant be informed about new post
subscriptions dont work
activation will not work

any solutions? Sad
Pages: 1 2 3