MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reseave a error with converting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-01-26, 10:42 PM)Fallcon Wrote: [ -> ]There are people that had the same error as me and fix it so maybe they can tell me how to do this!!!! And I want to go over from phpbb to here and here on the forum its say this mybb is total free!! and Now I need to pay to fix my problem (thats not for free annymore)

So I want to fix this problem FOR FREE!!!

If there are people that had the same error please help me as soon as possible..

You're obviously under some mistaken impressions here.

1. MyBB is free, that doesn't mean all 3rd party additions are.
  2. Paying to fix something wrong with your phpBB does not make MyBB stop being free in any respect. That is you paying for an extra service.
  3. You can't always get something for nothing just because you WANT it that way.
  4. If there were people with experience with this issue, they would already have told you what it is and you wouldn't be looking at having to pay someone to diagnose and correct it. That takes time and knowledge of both board systems' databases. Which is why you would be asked to pay.

All of that said, there are plenty of people willing to help. Myself included. But to some, such as myself, our time is very precious so we ask for a nominal fee for our services. You have to realize, depending on what is wrong, how many different changes were made to your tables from stock, the complexity of said changes and how they would affect your data... your problem could take a couple of HOURS to correct. And thats not even including the time spent merging once the issues are corrected. No one here is trying to be rude, or twisting your arm saying you HAVE to pay for anything. But sometimes you have to choose between paying for a service or not getting any service whatsoever.

Best of luck.
Sorry for butting in here but I wanted to put in my 2$. I totally agree with ralgith on everything he said. @Fallcon, in your posts you appear very impatient and you are trying to misguide and misinterpet the situation with the mambo-jambo about making mybb look bad and as if it ain''t free and rubbish like that.

You must understand that everyone here that offers support/advice, does it in their free time. If you are in a hurry and want something done as soon as possible, you have 2 chosies. 1) Wait until a good samatarian comes along and fixes the errors for you or 2) pay someone to fix those errors for you. You screem and shout about how you want things done and etc etc but you don''t think about other persons that they will have to put in time and efforts to fix the errors with your forums. So stop being so selfish and either wait for the good samatrian or be willing to shed a few bucks.
I don't ask for your stupid message babjusi wat you are saying is funny... I never, I say NEVER put mybb in a bad daylight or something you say!!!!! So don't tell thinks that isn't true!!!

And second
I don't want to pay for this because there are manny people that want to help for free!!!
And don't say that I be selfish because it isn't!! I only ask for help, and ralgith want to help me for a little return (payment) and I don't want this for now so thats my choise!!!! that has nothing to do with that I being selfish!!!!

and the 3th
The way I saw it was wrong and ralgith has explane to me how it is and now I get it!!!!

So your message is complete mis placed and extreme rude!!!!!

Thank you ralgith for explane it to me and sorry for the wrong way af looking about this!
Oh boy, can't we all just get along?
OK.

Fallcon. It look like this has been caused by phpBB plugins. Because of this, this is not something that we can fix without having a good look at things. An error with MyBB, or with the merge system process, is different, as we have some idea about what might be going wrong. However if something from phpBB is causing this, it will take a lot of time to fix it, and time isn't something a lot of people have. I understand your frustration but if you had been more patient and had a better attitude, I can guarantee people would have had a better attitude towards you.

Now please, try and keep this civil.

Edit: typo.
@ MattRogowski,

I have contact with ralgith for helping me with my problem, and I want to pay for this no problem (he know that) so he want to help me.....

I know that time is money and money is time, so the payment is no problem..

I hope that I can join mybb soon, because this forum and community is much beter then phpbb!!!!!

Thanks for this message and see you soon Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3