MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Special Character " turns to \ when submitted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have a problem whenever i submit any thread on my forums at www.desktophelp.in/forums

if thread content has special character lile " they are automatically converted to "\

Suppose for examples this
hi this is a "Testthing" thread

turns to

hi this is a \"Testthing\" thread

please help , thanks in advance
Before you post, you should search old threads as this has been addressed before.

If you are running PHP 5.3 have your host turn off magic quotes and the problem will be solved.
does telling the host to disabling magic qoutes is the only option , dont we have any other option to disable option , i tried disable magic quotes using the .htaccess method but it was not working
Create a "php.ini" file in your directory and put this in it :

magic_quotes_gpc = Off
I wouldn't advise doing that, hosts generally don't like it if you try and override their php.ini

Your host has to do this, it's not really an option for them, if they're running PHP 5.3.x magic quotes won't work at all, it shouldn't be enabled full stop.
Hello , i am on shared hosting ,so my host say he cannot disable the magic qoutes , as other site hosted on same server required the magic quotes to be enabled ,

so what do i do now, is there any was my host disable the magic quotes for me only , so other hosted site does not any problem
Have you tried the solution i have given you? Huh
(2010-01-22, 02:27 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the solution i have given you? Huh

About your solution i havent tried it , just will do it after clearing one doubt

so this php.ini to be saved where ? in the root or in the forums directory

because i read somewhere these file is to be created in everyfolder where you php scripts , it is true

i have following setup

www.Desktophelp.in (mybb portal)
www.Desktophelp.in/forums (mybb forums)
www.desktophelp.in/gallery (coppermine gallery integrated with mybb )
(2010-01-22, 02:32 PM)netjockey Wrote: [ -> ]About your solution i havent tried it , just will do it after clearing one doubt

because i read somewhere these file is to be created in everyfolder where you php scripts , it is true

i have following setup

Yes it is true, the php.ini file must be in each directory were you have a script that will be executed. Just copy it in the scripts directories of your MyBB forums and it will be OK!
(2010-01-22, 02:44 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-22, 02:32 PM)netjockey Wrote: [ -> ]About your solution i havent tried it , just will do it after clearing one doubt

i have following setup

Yes it is true, the php.ini file must be in each directory were you have a script that will be executed. Just copy it in the scripts directories of your MyBB forums and it will be OK!

Can you be More specifics about Where to upload the File , i dont thinks there particular area where scripts are stored but they are everywhere in mybb , i dont know exactly where to upload it
all is sett , file is created , only hitting the upload button is remaining ,i am ready to upload just waiting for your reply where to upload it
Pages: 1 2