MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] Novus, a free theme series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Novus
Novus is a set of 9 free themes. Its major feature is rounded corners made possible (well, maybe just easier) with CSS.

Pick a color, any color:

Click on the color you want to download the theme

[Image: 295pydl.jpg]invisitext[Image: qnlips.jpg]invisitext[Image: 14t0rcy.jpg]

[Image: 168yiy9.jpg]invisitext[Image: 2hfm5gg.jpg]invisitext[Image: 117gqp3.jpg]

[Image: 33az3ug.jpg]invisitext[Image: asb9g.jpg]invisitext[Image: 13zzhhg.jpg]

[Image: 2wptnv5.jpg]

Or download all of them:
[attachment=17332]

Bells and whistles:

Bells and whistles:

You can search anytime you want while looking at your beautiful avatar!
[Image: 9jok12.jpg]

New icons give your forum a fresh, new look.
[Image: svmii1.jpg]

And don't forget about those cool rounded corners.
[Image: 2hscia1.jpg]

Don't hesitate to ask
Remember, if you have questions about anything related to the theme, I'll be happy help you with whatever you need. But don't forget to read the readme first.
Inside of the forums is good but the index doesn't look that good. Overall it looks okay, a lot could be improved.
I like it.
(2010-01-24, 10:14 PM)FlexiiCodex Wrote: [ -> ]Inside of the forums is good but the index doesn't look that good. Overall it looks okay, a lot could be improved.

How can it be improved?
Make it for effective (not so plain) Make a black one (the ones right now are too bright) Some of the buttons are too big (such as search) and spread it out more, make it wider. It's too squished in.
I like it.
(2010-01-24, 10:36 PM)FlexiiCodex Wrote: [ -> ]Make it for effective (not so plain) Make a black one (the ones right now are too bright) Some of the buttons are too big (such as search) and spread it out more, make it wider. It's too squished in.

I'm thinking of making an improved version but that's still in the works. I tried making a black version but it didn't look that great. Maybe I'll tweak some things.

Also, if I make the theme wider, it will not work on 1024 monitors. It has to be fixed width because of the shadows (I could use CSS3 box-shadows but the visual contrast between the background and the container in IE would be too small).
But no one uses IE, IE is super slow and even if they use IE most people download the Stop IE6 plugin thing (from Plugins > Releases) Basically what it does is it shows a window where it tells you to download chrome, firefox, or safari.
(2010-01-24, 10:47 PM)FlexiiCodex Wrote: [ -> ]But no one uses IE, IE is super slow and even if they use IE most people download the Stop IE6 plugin thing (from Plugins > Releases) Basically what it does is it shows a window where it tells you to download chrome, firefox, or safari.

Have you even checked browser market share stats?
(2010-01-24, 10:47 PM)FlexiiCodex Wrote: [ -> ]But no one uses IE, IE is super slow and even if they use IE most people download the Stop IE6 plugin thing (from Plugins > Releases) Basically what it does is it shows a window where it tells you to download chrome, firefox, or safari.

I actually lol'd.

IE isn't slow, it just fails at rendering. As for nobody using it, that's pure bull. It's the most popular browser right now.

I use -moz, -webkit, -o, -khtml CSS tags to make shadows and rounded corners in my themes, but I try to make sure they don't look like crap in IE without them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28