MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems installing MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,
I've uploaded all the files to my FTP & i deleted the necessary coding in db_mysql.php
but i don't know how I'm meant to install the forum? Every time i go to my domain i get MyBB Error (40)

Do i need to delete the install folder via FTP? Any help will be appreciated thanks Smile
Go to yoursite.com/install and it should be self-explanatory from there.

Read more here:
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:...r_Messages
ah spot on mate cheers Wink
So i went on install and i had to change the name of the config file to config.php and now im getting the following errors;

Warning: require_once(/home/a2960504/public_html/inc/class_core.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/a2960504/public_html/install/index.php on line 35

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/a2960504/public_html/inc/class_core.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/a2960504/public_html/install/index.php on line 35

:s
Are you sure you needed to do the code in db_mysql.php?? You only need that if you're using MySQL 4.0, is that what you're on?? If so, it's pretty poor if that's the best your host can give you, it's pretty old.

As for the new error, what's ./inc/class_core.php CHMOD to??
My web hosting doesnt acctually tell me which version of MySQL it is. I'm using www.000webhost.com

The CHMOD is to 644
What about the ./inc/ folder?? That should be 755.
it wasn't but i've changed it to 755 and now the install page is working again.

Now i have a list of files that i need to change the CHMOD on,

The configuration file (inc/config.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The settings file (inc/settings.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The cache directory (cache/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The uploads directory (uploads/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

What number do i change each of these too?

Thanks for the help btw!
First two need to be 666, others need to be 777. Also set ./cache/themes/ to 777, isn't listed there.
thanks alot mate Smile
Ok so its all installed, do i now delete the install folder?
(2010-01-23, 10:38 PM)Themajor Wrote: [ -> ]My web hosting doesnt acctually tell me which version of MySQL it is. I'm using www.000webhost.com

The CHMOD is to 644

For future reference, you are using MySQL version 5.0.81-community Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3