MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CPM and CPC Advertising plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I am looking for someone to design a CPM and CPC based plugin.

What is CPM and CPC?
  • CPM stands for Cost Per Thousand Impressions. With this type of marketing online, you basically buy space on a web page and pay for a certain number of impressions, or the number of times your ad is going to be displayed. Many of the banner ads you see on various websites are being paid for on a CPM model.
  • CPC stands for Cost-Per-Click advertising. In this model, you pay only for the number of times a viewer clicks on your ad, not on the number of times it's displayed.

You will find that Facebook uses this technique for companies and businesses to advertise on there website.

I am willing to pay (Paypal only) for this. If you are interested please either reply to this post or send me a PM.

Thanks
I don't get it. Just paste your ad code in a template file.
From what i understand, "rapid" is asking for a plugin administrating ads posted inside or outside his forum. So he will know how many times they were displayed/clicked on all servers they were installed. Just like Google is doing with AdSense/AdWord to administrate their own ads.

I will wait that "rapid" clarify this for everyone! Wink
Yes exdiogene is 99% correct, Google uses this but I am looking for a Facebook system of letting other companies etc advertise on my website.
Basically businesses have approached me wanting to advertise on my forum, but I don't want to use a subscription service or donation system, but use the CPM and CPC system for them to advertise.

Check out Facebook Ads.
The main problem with this approach is that CPM and CPC values can be easily tricked by unscrupulous people using scripts/plugins doing false impressions/clicks or modifying these values directly.

The only way to prevent this is to log all traffic to those ads so any customer can verify data validity. These logs could become quite huge depending on the traffic...
Quote:The only way to prevent this is to log all traffic

Yes that is fine, and the company using this system will be able to see the logs.
You may just want to try and integrate OpenX as your basically asking for a complete ad manager and that's what OpenX is.
That is a good way NetSage, but I will still have to pay to use their service, which isn't cost effective. I am not a Coder and wouldn't really want to attempt something like that.
Use OpenX Ads alongside something like My Ad Manager.

What you want is way more complex than a MyBB plugin should be.

OpenX has everything you want for ad system and advertisers.
I use OpenX as well, it's very powerful. It may be a little intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it its very useful.
Pages: 1 2