MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FlavDesigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I know tons of webmasters that support <br />

I also do prefer it to <br> I find it stupid.
(2010-02-09, 05:55 PM)Skyance Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-09, 02:40 PM)punked Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-08, 06:30 AM)flav1us Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I checked out the validator. It is showing me stupid things that aren't actually problems.
It has stuff like <br> should be <br />. These aren't really problems.

You're obviously not a Webdesigner as your User Title Suggests if that's your attitude towards Validation and Markup

I beg to differ. He develops themes which in turn makes him a web designer, his attitude towards V&M has nothing to do with his status.

His ability to develop themes isn't in question, he's clearly pretty good at doing such. However, just because you can play with .css and html doesn't actually make you a web designer. There are many factors! Of such includes Validation and Markup! Theme Designer, sure! Web Designer, nay!
So, what if I was to go and fix up all these, <br>'s would you call me a web designer. Designer though means Designer, not necessarily coder.
(2010-02-10, 10:26 AM)flav1us Wrote: [ -> ]So, what if I was to go and fix up all these, <br>'s would you call me a web designer. Designer though means Designer, not necessarily coder.

If you followed standard practice and always did then yes. If you're just creating graphics for the website or a concept you'd be a graphic designer. A Web Designer would have an understanding of html/css and markup.

I could just go into a template now, change the .thead to another image I created and say "Hey I'm a Web Designer"

It doesn't work like that!

Anyway, call yourself what you want. Was just a little gripe of mine, nothing more, nothing less. Smile
I understand what you are getting at. A web designer however does much more that change a thead. I design the whole theme, everything fits. You can't call yourself a web designer just by changing a thead. That is extreme. I do agree however that a web designer must know some html/css and markup, but a 'Web Developer' is the one that knows it properly.
(2010-02-10, 10:40 AM)flav1us Wrote: [ -> ]I understand what you are getting at. A web designer however does much more that change a thead. I design the whole theme, everything fits. You can't call yourself a web designer just by changing a thead. That is extreme. I do agree however that a web designer must know some html/css and markup, but a 'Web Developer' is the one that knows it properly.

Okay, lets just leave it at that. You're good at what you do! Just get the Markup right!! Toungue
I am not fighting here. Ok, let's just leave it. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4