MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb = Notepad++
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I do wonder what they are all coded in now. >_>
Probably some awesome paid text editor like DW
(2010-02-09, 03:42 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]I do wonder what they are all coded in now. >_>

Probably a lot of different things since all of them have multiple developers Toungue.
(2010-02-09, 02:52 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Some people will swear by vim though Toungue. It's a very powerful editor it's just that it's text based. And, well some elite linux/bsd users love that.

That's my editor of choice for unix too.
(2010-02-09, 01:50 AM)Lee Merriman Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say phpBB is more like vim - A confusing hunk of sh*t, and IPB is like nano .. Good, but not something that should be used for long periods of time.

Vim is awesome, very powerful tool and becomes easy to use when you get used to it.
MyBB > all
PROVE ME WRONG
I was going to compare vB as vi and MyBB as viM because MyBB is a wannabe vB but that would imply that MyBB is better than vB.
(2010-02-09, 11:57 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]because MyBB is a wannabe vB but that would imply that MyBB is better than vB.

Thanks for showing us all your ignorance.

Any way, back on topic, I agree with Labrocca except for IPB, I don't know what it is but it isn't Open Office, maybe Adobe In-design?
(2010-02-09, 03:34 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]The first thought to my mind when I saw it was, the phpBB dev use Notepad, MyBB dev use Notepad++, IPB dev use OpenOffice, and vB dev use Microsoft Word Toungue
HAHAH that would be WIN!
(2010-02-09, 11:57 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to compare vB as vi and MyBB as viM because MyBB is a wannabe vB but that would imply that MyBB is better than vB.

You're right, everyone knows MyBB is heading in the huge bloat, useless adminCP, overpriced direction.

Oh wait, no MyBB isn't.

herp derp
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11