MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I change this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well in this link my site is at the top but I want it to have different tags than what it does how do I do that?
You have to position the page for each phrase, in which your site is to be highly in search engines (SEO). The network has a lot of information.
Being at the top when searching for the complete URL isn't really anything to get excited about...

Put this in your headerinclude template, it's in the Ungrouped Template set:

<meta name="description" content="Description goes here." />

Or use the Google SEO plugin that generates them dynamically.
Im not exited about that I want to make it possible so I can get to the top with just key words.
(2010-02-13, 12:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Being at the top when searching for the complete URL isn't really anything to get excited about...

Put this in your headerinclude template, it's in the Ungrouped Template set:

<meta name="description" content="Description goes here." />

Or use the Google SEO plugin that generates them dynamically.

Where do I find the headericlude template?
As I said, in the Ungrouped Templates set. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Ungrouped Templates.
(2010-02-13, 12:39 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]As I said, in the Ungrouped Templates set. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Ungrouped Templates.

Where abouts should I put this, with the other meta tags?
Shouldn't matter where it is but I always put them with the other meta tags, just so they're all together.
Matt: It's also a lot of effects can not.
Author: Install Google SEO, you need a friendly URLs, sitemap, dynamic meta tags, etc..
Besides the win links to your site with anchor text that contains the keywords, which are positioned on the page.
(2010-02-13, 01:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn't matter where it is but I always put them with the other meta tags, just so they're all together.

So I have done it but it hasnt changed will it change in a bit?
Yes, it doesn't update on Google instantly after you put one in. When Google crawls your forum next, it may update then.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5