MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't save settings on General Configuration Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
When I realized that I was prompted to log in after every action in the ACP I troubleshooted it with Matt's comments on this URL:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html

I went to the General Configuration page in the ACP and discovered my cookie settings were incorrect. I know this because I verified it by using the cookie setting generator which told me my cookie domain should be ".castingnewyork.com" and my cookie path should be "/". My web site URL is www.castingnewyork.com

Only problem with saving my corrections to the cookie domain and cookie path is that my settings will not save after clicking the 'save' button. They revert back to the old cookie settings.

Thank you,

Dave
It should be /forum/ since that is where your board is located.
If your forum is at /forum then the cookie path should be /forum/.

Also, did you change the cookie settings in settings.php first?
It does say in that thread to edit settings.php... your path should be /forums/ as your forum URL is http://www.castingnewyork.com/forums/
(2010-02-14, 06:51 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]If your forum is at /forum then the cookie path should be /forum/.

Also, did you change the cookie settings in settings.php first?
Matt, at the risk of sounding stupid, how do I edit the settings.php file beyond the read/write/execute options I have via GoDaddy host? I don't have any other options available to edit the settings.php

Thanks

Dave
Simply open the file, change the values inside and save it, you can do this via FTP or GoDaddy should have a file manager that you can use.
(2010-02-17, 01:46 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Simply open the file, change the values inside and save it, you can do this via FTP or GoDaddy should have a file manager that you can use.
I just got off the phone with GoDaddy. There is no other way they said their file manager will edit the file beyond Read/Write/Execute. Do you agree that I should go into the backup on my harddrive, edit it then FTP it up?
I wouldn't go from your backup, just download a fresh copy of the file via FTP, edit it then upload it again. Some FTP programs such as FileZilla will let you edit a file by just right clicking on the file and clicking edit.
(2010-02-17, 02:15 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't go from your backup, just download a fresh copy of the file via FTP, edit it then upload it again. Some FTP programs such as FileZilla will let you edit a file by just right clicking on the file and clicking edit.
Gotcha. Will do that. Thanks

Dave
(2010-02-17, 02:15 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't go from your backup, just download a fresh copy of the file via FTP, edit it then upload it again. Some FTP programs such as FileZilla will let you edit a file by just right clicking on the file and clicking edit.
I used SmartFTP, but it could not see the settings.php file. I can see it fine in windows explorer, but SmartFTP does not. Any suggestions?

Dave
(2010-02-17, 02:16 AM)dstroebel Wrote: [ -> ]
Gotcha. Will do that. Thanks

Dave
I used SmartFTP, but it could not see the settings.php file. I can see it fine in windows explorer, but SmartFTP does not. Any suggestions?

Dave

I can see the file now. What software is best to open this? I am being prompted to search the web for an app to open it with
Choose to use a program from your computer, wordpad will be fine, not notepad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7