MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Verification Problem!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Was it a broken image there too?? Need to make sure you don't mean nothing showed up whatsoever. Was there the box to enter the code and a broken image showing??
(2010-02-18, 07:10 PM)Nick 2nd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-18, 06:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No, you won't have to start all over again, that's not what's being suggested at all. It's not making another database on your domain, it's making another database on your hosting account. However before doing that, try this. Give guests the ability to post in a forum, and then go to post in that forum. Does the CAPTCHA show then?? If it does, then the problem is specific to the registration page.

No the CAPTCHA did not show up.

So do I go into my host control panel and make a new database? If so how do I test it with mybb if it needs a domain to upload to my FTP account?
Put it in a folder called test and then just go to yourforum.com/test/

Can you answer my above post too??
(2010-02-18, 07:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Put it in a folder called test and then just go to yourforum.com/test/

No it didnt work CAPTCHA wasnt there it said Image Verification
(case insensitive)
(2010-02-18, 07:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Put it in a folder called test and then just go to yourforum.com/test/

Okay so I tried to make a Database and it is not CPanel its Plesk and it demands that I use my domain to make a database I think I'm best of starting again because no one can find the problem and it will only let me make a Database under my domain so I'm stuck really.
No don't start again, you'll almost certainly be able to make a new database without affecting your other one. If not, just install a test forum on the same database but choose a different table prefix on the database setup page. Clearly something has happened if it was working and then stopped, installing isn't the answer.
I think you can make a new forum leaving the older one there by simply making a new folder name in the root and uploading all of Mybb files in the this new folder ( example: folder1 ) then point your domain like this in your browser ww w. y o u r d o m a i n. c om/folder1/install.php

see if this works ?
Just do a normal isntallation but on another folder and on another database
Following on from one of the other threads you made on this (http://community.mybboard.net/thread-65139.html ) use Notepad++ or Wordpad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6