MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permission Saught
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I am requesting permission to make MyBB available in my clients' cPanel's Addon Scripts section for use on their sites.
My hosting site is http://www.danethicalservices.com

What I want to do is make MyBB available for Auto Installment on my client's cPanels, so they just click Install and the Auto Install will place MyBB Forum in a directory of their choosing.

Can I have permission from MyBB to do this?

Thanks.
I guess chris will accept that Smile!! and it's a gr8 idea , i have seem many hosting with phpbb!! and i was looking for one with mybb!! it should happen!

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:I guess chris will accept that Smile!! and it's a gr8 idea , i have seem many hosting with phpbb!! and i was looking for one with mybb!! it should happen!

regards

Thanks man.
I will await Chris' input before I proceed just to be safe. Wink
Bump. Chris?
Its free. I wouldnt know why not Smile
Tikitiki, in the licence, it's stated that you're not allowed to redistribute MyBB.
denis its not redistribution.
it is a self modifing mybb for his host ...
imei Wrote:denis its not redistribution.

Well as far as I know, the cPanel automatically installs a copy of MyBB onto the client's site. And in my interpretation, that can be considered redistribution.

Anyway, it's still safer if you let Chris decide that Smile
as far as i know , we are free ro modify mybb for our needs but the only thing that foridden is offering a modified version for download...
but your right... we still w8 for chris' answer
Quote:denis its not redistribution.
It is redistribution.

Quote:as far as i know , we are free ro modify mybb for our needs but the only thing that foridden is offering a modified version for download...
The license says, and I quote:

Quote:You may not reproduce or distribute the MyBB SOFTWARE for any reason with out express written consent from the entire MyBulletinBoard seat holding Admin Board.

Anyway, DanEthical, is the "addon scripts" functionality provided by cPanel (I'm no longer familiar with newer versions of cPanel after deciding it was dodgy) actually Fantastico? If it is, I know they have plans for adding in MyBB in their newer version.

Anyway, if you wish to add it to offer to your customers, you may.

I'd also be interested in knowing of how you implement it as well as your progress and maybe some usage statistics if you can? You can contact me using the contact address in the footer here.

Regards,
Chris
Pages: 1 2