MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change forums to red?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB Community Forum uses a default blue for their categories and forums. I want to change my default blue to red with black text. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Dave
You'd need to edit the .thead class in global.css in the ACP.
Matt, I changed the color from #ffffff to FF0000 (red), saved & closed, refreshed my forums page twice, but it did not change to red.

www.castingnewyork.com/forum

Dave
The color attribute is for the text, and you're missing the # in front of the colour code... use:

color: #000000;

Then the text will be black. To change the blue you'd need to change the background attribute, which would involve either specifying a new image URL to use, or just use:

background: #FF0000;

Then it'll just be solid red.
Sorry, thought you were talking about the blue bars appearing as they do in this forum. They are what I want to change to red. Where is that done?

Dave
Yes, the bit you changed is for the text colour in that bar... you're changing the right class just not changing the correct bits to the correct values.

Use this:

.thead {
}

and it will be red with black text. Use this:

.thead {
	background: #FF0000 url(path/to/image.png) top left repeat-x;
}

and it will load that image as the background and show red if it can't load it.
It didn't work, Matt. I saved & closed and refreshed 4 times

http://castingnewyork.com/forum/
You didn't copy what I posted, you're missing the # in front of the colour code for the background again. And if you've still got the link to the default thead_bg.gif in there then it'll show that.
Added the # and I see some red, but not all the blue has changed to red.
Yes, because as I said above, you've still got the link to the default image there, so it's showing that.

.thead {
}

This will make it just solid red. The reason some of it is red is because the description makes it taller than that blue image, so it has to chow the red where the image can't reach.
Pages: 1 2