MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My two mybb forums - fasterhost.tk cpablockforum.tk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-02-27, 07:12 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]A .tk is a domain, a .com is a domain. What you guys are referring at is the difference between a free and paid domain. Yes paid domains look more professional but on the other hand the guy is offering free hosting on a regular forum with no posts or anything unique at all so I would advice him not to spend any money on this because it will not work.

As Zash pointed out, if you aren't willing to invest any money into your business then how are others supposed to take you seriously? At least if you had a TLD then people know you are somewhat serious about making it work.
Please you guys, shut up. Thank you. He paid for these .tk's. >__> If you clicked past the second page, you might've noticed that.

You can pay for .tk and you its a good thing. I know of some sites that have made it big with it. I know one large MyBB forum running on a paid.tk even!

God.

kthxbai.
http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en

It's a free domain, and just because he payed for something free doesn't change what it is. If I can get somebody to pay to download a copy of MyBB, that doesn't make MyBB any less free or open source.
He paid for DNS control. Which makes it anyless then a .com how?
Where does it say he payed for DNS control? Even if he did pay for it, it's still unprofessional in my eyes for a hosting company. And the "large MyBB forum uses it" comment doesn't apply here at all because a) who uses it doesn't change its impression and b) I am talking about his hosting company, not plain discussion forum.

And anyways, .tk is a domain for Tokelau, so if his host isn't located there he shouldn't really be using it.
Register a .tk and you will notice it only masks the URL not gives full DNS. If full DNS is given, you can use it as a real domain, without the need for a subdomain. Also Zash, by you logic, a .biz domain should only be for businesses.
Pages: 1 2 3