MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: eForums (Review, Opinion & Suggestions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,

I just wondering if I could get some feedback from people here at MyBB.net.

This site has no modifications/style edits in anyway (I'm a little worried about modding and security)

Currently been busy with school work, piano lessons,etc, so haven't had much time, but this weekend is my big break, going to spend 2 days just improving and advertising the site, get things going instead of holding things back.

I'm requesting a Review/suggestions from you which will help me improve the site.

Please register - www.eforums.co.cc

What's the board based on?

We are a friendly community forum run by MyBB. The subjects involved with this project are:

Gaming (xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo,etc)
Graphical Design
General Discussion & Support.

Currently not many forums from my description, but there are a few subforums inside these catagories.

www.eforums.co.cc

Thanks.
Something I noticed is that to the right of the header it is empty. You might want to put something like a search box or something there. That's just my opinion though. I like what your site is about though. With a lot of dedication I could see it becoming pretty big.
Thanks Firestar, yes the right is empty, I'm not an expert when it comes to style/modding in MyBB, just moved from phpBB3.

P.s Do you own "TheHelpForums", if so I may join, sounds good. Although I get this "Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website "
(2010-03-05, 08:06 PM)George_HF Wrote: [ -> ]P.s Do you own "TheHelpForums", if so I may join, sounds good. Although I get this "Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website "

Yes I do own it. For some reason some people are seeing that error message. Im trying to fix it though. Smile
I would make a few suggestions forum setup-wise;

- Pictures/Videos and Other merged - Make it General Chat (from Other as the original) with Pictures/Videos as a subforum. I don't think it's necessary to keep them separate.
- Warned/Banned - I'd suggest removing this. Having it there might make people think banning is popular on your forums. Personally, I just don't see a point in explaining bans. If people ask, just PM them.

Other than that, good luck. Also, I'd suggest this theme for your genre of site:

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/mybb-gamer

Have fun!
Try making your logo a .png with a transparent background, that will make it look a bit nicer rather than having the black which looks a bit out of place Wink
@Scoutie44: Done all of these, agreed with your suggestions.

@TimB: I have asked the creator to do this, but had no response, so I'm going to scout around for others to create a logo.

Anyone here good at making logo's?

Regards,
George.
You can use this one if you want:

[attachment=17530]
I officially love you... That's amazing... www.eforums.co.cc

Check it out guys, just amazing, I'm stunned.. :O

Thanks so much!
(2010-03-06, 05:35 PM)George_HF Wrote: [ -> ]I officially love you... That's amazing... www.eforums.co.cc

Check it out guys, just amazing, I'm stunned.. :O

Thanks so much!
I am so stunned too that I got an message saying enable to connect. Maybe get a paid host and domain?

/sarcasm
Pages: 1 2 3 4