MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Servers was attacked at work today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So someone was attempting to attack our servers after hours and hack in. And me and my boss where there and i learned something. when you are dealing with a system that won't freaking work and you are stressed, you can send a 2mb ping a second. After the boss saw that we were being hacked, he increased it to 6. I guess thats a plus side to having a fibre line. lol

So what do you guys do to hackers? because they stopped after a while of straight 6mbs ping lol.
(2010-03-07, 04:36 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]So someone was attempting to attack our servers after hours and hack in. And me and my boss where there and i learned something. when you are dealing with a system that won't freaking work and you are stressed, you can send a 2mb ping a second. After the boss saw that we were being hacked, he increased it to 6. I guess thats a plus side to having a fibre line. lol

So what do you guys do to hackers? because they stopped after a while of straight 6mbs ping lol.

I don't get hacked.
(2010-03-07, 04:39 AM)Firestar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-07, 04:36 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]So someone was attempting to attack our servers after hours and hack in. And me and my boss where there and i learned something. when you are dealing with a system that won't freaking work and you are stressed, you can send a 2mb ping a second. After the boss saw that we were being hacked, he increased it to 6. I guess thats a plus side to having a fibre line. lol

I don't get hacked.

When you have a live server that gets as much exposure as the ones we do at work, we get attempts daily. We even have custom Unix scripts to send their IPS to various law enforcements to save us time on blocking them. Doesn't work anymore for some reason, we should fix that soon.
(2010-03-07, 04:43 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't get hacked.

When you have a live server that gets as much exposure as the ones we do at work, we get attempts daily. We even have custom Unix scripts to send their IPS to various law enforcements to save us time on blocking them. Doesn't work anymore for some reason, we should fix that soon.
Don't report them. That is just mean.
Ultimately what can you do apart from try patch any vulnerability?
Most "decent" hackers wont leave and traces that will allow them to get caught so thats a waste of time mostly and banning ips is much the same.
I guess getting daily hack attempts is actually a sign of success?
Sucks but thats the way it appears to me anyway.
(2010-03-07, 04:44 AM)Firestar Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't get hacked.

Well we have to by law. We are the government. I guess people are stupid enough to think we host our secure data on the internet servers. When really all that is there is static html pages... So yea.
(2010-03-07, 04:50 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-07, 04:44 AM)Firestar Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't get hacked.

Well we have to by law. We are the government.

Wait..what?
Me work for government. We have secure data. We have to report hackers. It makes us look bad if we don't :/
(2010-03-07, 04:57 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Me work for government. We have secure data. We have to report hackers. It makes us look bad if we don't :/

What country? What division?
CIA, who else do you think Mark would work for?
Pages: 1 2 3