MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin it to be able to chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am curious, is there a chance that somebody would work on "chat" mode. Not exactly like IRC. for instance if I am on line and someone would like to chat with me (operator) he/she can page me. Also, if there is a visitor on my chatboard and I would like to be able to initiate a chat.

Any help?

EB
heloo there

look here MyBB v1.0 - Shout Box V2.

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:heloo there

look here MyBB v1.0 - Shout Box V2.

regards

Nope, I didn't want Shout, I mean real time chatting.

EB
You could just use a plugin from your CPanel if you have it, unless you want it intergrated with your forum.
Tomo Wrote:You could just use a plugin from your CPanel if you have it, unless you want it intergrated with your forum.

I am afraid I don't understand. What you mean plugin from my Cpanel? Are you refering to Cpanel as a panel to manage server (if so I am using Plesk). Indeed I meant sort of plugin in chatboard. You can see who is on line so you could talk to that visitor, but also alternatively people should know if I am on line in case they would like to chat with me (if they have a question).

Thank you

EB
I'm going to move this into the code modifications forum, since I think a modification suits this idea better.
I can't go into much detail at this time, but there is a very popular chat room that will be fully integrated into the MyBB User Database, within a couple of weeks.

I am not writing or representing this modification, I simply just BETA test some of it. This will be a commercial script, but very cheap to purchase.

More details will be available in a while Smile
kodaks Wrote:I can't go into much detail at this time, but there is a very popular chat room that will be fully integrated into the MyBB User Database, within a couple of weeks.

Splendid! Thank you. I can't wait!

EB
Ozidave Wrote:But you would need cgi-bin on your server..

Thanks Bud, I do have cgi-bin ability so if you will find it, I will be grateful.

Tx

EB
Pages: 1 2 3