MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CustomMyBB Themes Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Font sizes were default. It's not overlapping today. :s
I see lots of overlapping. Why is everything so big? Not everyone likes big things.
I cant see any overlapping even down to 1024X768 resolution.
The problem is that if you design for anything less than 1024X768 most people would need a telescope to see the design, a design created at resolution below this will look crap on a modern monitor (unless you just create a very simple theme that just expands/decreases with each resolution), unfortunately for this to work you cant be very creative.

I and most full time designers I know tend to stick with 1024X768 as a minimum.
The big style is what's in vogue at present, I am a full time designer/coder/visual basic programmer and I would say that "nowadays" 90% of my clients want big designs that look good on high resolution wide screen monitors.
Look around the web at most NEW css designs and you will see what I mean.
Also I was trying to get away from that tired old forum look that a lot of designers tend to stick with.

I will be creating some smaller themes to cater for the people who want that old fashioned forum look.
That's the beauty of design its about personal preference, what one person hates another person will love.
Before I get any more negative comments about the theme size please remember that this theme has been designed to look best on screens that have a resolution of 1024 X 768 or greater.
This particular theme is a set width theme that has a min width of 888 so on , lets say , a 800 X 600 res screen it will overlap. sorry!!!

I will be adding some designs that are specifically for low resolution screens.
(2010-03-09, 11:16 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]way to practically steal my site's name -.-

Did you trademark the domain name? If not, then tough luck.

(2010-03-09, 11:32 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]Not coming from a competition stand point, this could be bad for you, as we have similar site names. People could think they're going to you when they type in the address but they might stumble onto me. As mine has one 'm' not 2.

From a business stand point, this makes me more competitive.

This is better for the consumer. More competitors usually breeds better products Wink
I see no overlapping. Using IE. Also, I love the fact that everything is big. Also love the fact that everything is nice and simple. Good luck.
That's great, many thanks flav1us.
Like the design on your site also, nice and clean.
Thanks and yes, I suggest changing .bottommenu so it doesn't have a padding and border. Other than that, style the quote and code boxes. Great job. Good luck.
(2010-03-12, 02:04 AM)Spyda Wrote: [ -> ]If not, then tough luck.

Not at all. If I register "afreshflames.com" (notice the 's') with the intention of selling red MyBB themes, I think Justin has enough reason to tell me to stop using that name.
(2010-03-13, 09:00 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-12, 02:04 AM)Spyda Wrote: [ -> ]If not, then tough luck.

Not at all. If I register "afreshflames.com" (notice the 's') with the intention of selling red MyBB themes, I think Justin has enough reason to tell me to stop using that name.

I think you would make sure not to buy it in the first place, but really, the domain is different and therefore unless the forum name was the same, there is no copyright issue to fight over.
The colors are definitely a good choice, but not so much the layout and font choice.
Pages: 1 2 3