MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CustomMyBB Themes Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-03-13, 09:00 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-12, 02:04 AM)Spyda Wrote: [ -> ]If not, then tough luck.

Not at all. If I register "afreshflames.com" (notice the 's') with the intention of selling red MyBB themes, I think Justin has enough reason to tell me to stop using that name.

What are you talking about?

I have a series of domains that are all custom*****.com for whatever software I am customising, these domains were registered years ago,long before custoMyBB.net I decided to add customMyBB to the series and was not even aware of custoMyBB.net when I registered customMyBB.com
custo isn't even a word!

The only way to safe guard a domain name is to register every domain name similar which is ridiculous.
It's customybb.net for a reason. Having 2 m's seems silly.
Mmmmm since when has spelling words correctly been considered silly?
So you didn't regard seo as a factor when you chose your domain name then?
I cant see many users putting in a search for "Custo MyBB Themes"
The proof is out there...when you put a search in google for "Custom MyBB Themes" one of my sites is position 5 on the front page and my new site CustomMyBB.com (a few days old) is on page 7.

I cant see your site anywhere.
if you search custom mybb themes it should still come up because of the Meta Tags

the name has nothing to do with it, its your meta.
And think about it, when you look at the domain, which looks better:

customybb
custommybb
This the place to talk about the domains being close. Who ever makes better themes will make more money either way. So just live with it. You don't have a trademark on either of them so it doesn't matter.
(2010-03-13, 07:13 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]This the place to talk about the domains being close. Who ever makes better themes will make more money either way. So just live with it. You don't have a trademark on either of them so it doesn't matter.

Your 100% right NetSage,
I cant believe that people are moaning cause someone has a domain name that is similar!
There are probably millions of domain names that are similar to each other... that's life.
I also create vBulletin skins and because vB is so popular there are dozens and dozens of vBulletin skin sites with similar domain names (all the good names have already gone) but all that matters is the content.
Your both wrong. If you're content is good, Google doesn't give half a orange what the domain is. My site (cmybb.com) is at the bottom of page one for "free mybb themes", and the first result for "exclusive mybb themes". The domain name doesn't have the word "theme" in it at all, and god only knows what 'c' is for.

Zynge.net would probably do better if the word "MyBB" was used on the homepage.

/offtopic
(2010-03-13, 09:03 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Your both wrong. If you're content is good, Google doesn't give half a orange what the domain is. My site (cmybb.com) is at the bottom of page one for "free mybb themes", and the first result for "exclusive mybb themes". The domain name doesn't have the word "theme" in it at all, and god only knows what 'c' is for.

Zynge.net would probably do better if the word "MyBB" was used on the homepage.

/offtopic

Google use many algorithm´s for rating websites, these algorithm´s also change on a regular basis.
The domain name, content, metas etc etc are some of many.
I personally have always tried to make sure that a keyword or keyword phrase is in my domain name, this has never let me down before and I normally get the site on the first page of google for its top keyword reasonably quickly. (plus a lot of hard seo work)

However as you say, this is not always required, an example is my site v7web.net I added some mybb keywords to it last week and already I am highly ranked for those keywords.

free myBB themes - page 2 of google search
custom MyBB themes - page 1 of google search

I agree, you are correct when you say content is important , in the world of google "content is king"
The default theme for your board makes me want to scratch my eyes out, the borders look extremely ugly. Not too mention having everything in Italics makes it harder to read.
I think the header is too big, if you click forums on my screen i can't see them...and the footer is pretty big too.
Pages: 1 2 3