MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: In need of help please DDoS attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello people .
I really need help . In some days now Im beeing DDoSed with mass attacks that reached 36 K bots .

My forum is offline now and Im really angry .
Can you help me by telling me how to stop this attacks or tricks how to stop or make those attacks rarely ?

Please help me ! Huh
It's a bit difficult to do this since they can keep changing their IP.
So unless you have access to the Firewalls, I don't think there's much you can do on your end. Try contacting your host for support, if they're unable to assist.
It's time to find a new host.
Some hosts provide anti-dos protection/assistance.
Host told me that they cant do nothing . I can have access to the firewalls .
Which host are you with?
offshore hosting , not popular . 3 domains in that server ,
Does your site get a ton of hits? What's the average?
ForumForge should offer very sufficient protection and at affordable costs.
This is nothing we can do anything about as it's nothing to do with us. They're attacking the server, not MyBB specifically, you'd have problems whatever software you were running. If there's only 3 domains on your server and they're saying there's absolutely nothing they can do about a DDoS attack, change hosts.
(2010-03-17, 08:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]This is nothing we can do anything about as it's nothing to do with us. They're attacking the server, not MyBB specifically, you'd have problems whatever software you were running. If there's only 3 domains on your server and they're saying there's absolutely nothing they can do about a DDoS attack, change hosts.

I know that this haves nothing to do with MyBB , but I just need some help . If you cant suggest me something or a website where I can find a solution.
I cant change hosts cause this is a cheap host and i can get a more expensive one ... Sad
How much are you paying? Here are ForumForges' plans:
http://theforumforge.com/packages/

They will also help you transfer the website over for free.
I would recommend the Turbo Plan, 160 per year is cheap to me, and you get a dedicated IP.

https://secure.theforumforge.com/contact.php

Contact them if none of the plans there suit your needs. They do custom plans as well.
Ask all the questions you want, including DOS attack protection.
They've done well in my experience.
There's not really anything you can do about it if you don't have more control of the server, all your can really do is block people via .htaccess
Pages: 1 2 3 4