MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There's probably a better place to put this, but oh well.

Anyway so I just installed MyBB 1.6 from the SVN.

I then installed one of my 1.4.11 Themes on it and there seemed to be no issues. I could post and all (Unlike using 1.2 Themes on 1.4). And there seemed to be no template edits or anything.

Am I missing something or is 1.6 gonna be a fairly easy upgrade (Theme Wise)
Yeah, I have noticed this as well, easy to update plugins to be used on 1.6 for the most part as well. But who knows what changes await before the official release.
True. For the most part though, I think it will be just the random bugs that people find along the way. Of course I'll be updating the themes and exporting them in 1.6 so all my users don't get errors "This theme was created for 1.4" when importing.
Yes, it's explained in the sticky. They won't work 100% on 1.6, there are clearly some changes needed as there are new templates for new features in 1.6.
Well I will continue looking, so far it seems to be a clean update.
I am bleeding edge and decided to run 1.6 Beta from svn live on one of my productions sites with about 300+ members and 14000+ posts for live testing. I figure I can get more reports of bugs or issues this way. I stay updated daily with svn updates and review the code regularly. So far, my active members love it way more than 1.4. Especially my staff. Moderation is ten times easier. The upgrade was smooth. I did merging tests with the svn merge to for testing. I address the known and fixed bugs from bug tacker and svn as they are made to.
MyBB 1.2 -> 1.4 had quite a number of significant changes.

1.6 is really more like 1.4 + features, in a sense, like 1.4 integrated with plugins, so most existing things will work.
So far I haven't seen anyone explain exactly what changes to plugins will need to be made. Are we basically talking about the activate/install functions are changing or what?
(2010-03-17, 11:09 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]So far I haven't seen anyone explain exactly what changes to plugins will need to be made. Are we basically talking about the activate/install functions are changing or what?
It will largely depend on what your plugin does and how much it relies on internal MyBB behaviour. I don't think it can be answered easily.
AdminCP URLs have been changed to being separated by / to -, is probably the only generic thing I can think of.
Pages: 1 2 3