MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I just got a server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just got a server with Servint. It's being set up now.

I'm going to do hosting, but in about a month or more.

However I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in buying accounts now to use.
What are the specs?
Of course, that is the overall server specs. The individual user accounts would be different.
You have a VPS not a server... For one. Secondly, how many accounts are you giving? What rules apply? Can i host Pr0n? Can i use all the ram? You do know since Cpanel take most of yours (512) you only have 256 really dedicated? (If you choose to use Cpanel) Free or paid?

You got to give more info.
A VPS is a Virtual Private Server. Toungue Never used ServInt personally but if I ever went back to VPSs I would only use LiquidWeb... their $49 VPS ROCKS! Big Grin
(2010-03-18, 05:00 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]A VPS is a Virtual Private Server. Toungue Never used ServInt personally but if I ever went back to VPSs I would only use LiquidWeb... their $49 VPS ROCKS! Big Grin

But its not a real server. Its a part of a server. In theory, its no different from a shared host.
It's a lot different than a shared host though Toungue. You have dedicated resources. You also have root access allowing you to do what what ever you want.
(2010-03-18, 04:22 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]You have a VPS not a server... For one. Secondly, how many accounts are you giving? What rules apply? Can i host Pr0n? Can i use all the ram? You do know since Cpanel take most of yours (512) you only have 256 really dedicated? (If you choose to use Cpanel) Free or paid?

You got to give more info.
Yah the old Mark is back :O.
(2010-03-18, 05:42 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]It's a lot different than a shared host though Toungue. You have dedicated resources. You also have root access allowing you to do what what ever you want.

Theories have flaws...
Everything has flaws...
Pages: 1 2 3