MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alternate ways to Subscribe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok so I have alot of people say to me that they would like to use the themes I have on CustoMyBB but can't because they are either a minor or just don't have the money.

I want to appeal to everyone, allowing everyone to have a good chance to get premium themes.

However there aren't very many ways I can think of to do this. Which is why I am asking the MyBB Community if they have any ideas.

Things to Remember
- A subscription at CustoMyBB is $6.99 so it would have to equal to that.
- It also has to be something easy to complete

Current Ideas
- 100 Posts on a Forum (This is tentative since all of my other forums are closed for Reno or simply just not open yet)
- Ads on their site (I don't think this would work out to well)
- Can simply post 1000 Times on CustoMyBB to gain access to Premium Group.
Minors can ask to borrow mommy's credit card?
Ugh... Some people honestly cannot do that. Some parents will NOT pay for this stuff. Even in cases where the person is an adult, sometimes it cannot be done. I understand if someone wants to support paid whatever, but I really don't get the need to contradict anything that helps those who can't or even simply won't pay for them (or even the need to comment when someone doesn't want to pay, generally speaking).
Quote:- Can simply post 1000 Times on CustoMyBB to gain access to Premium Group.
That's way to much.
I can get 500 posts on a forum in 2 months, probably 1 if I tried. 1000 is more of a challenge Wink
Minors can take mommy's credit card without permission?
(2010-03-21, 06:37 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Minors can take mommy's credit card without permission?

Minors can be in big big trouble with mommy? Minors can find themselves in even bigger trouble than that? Mature people can discuss and allow discussion without suggesting illegal activity?
(2010-03-21, 06:42 AM)ladyunicornejg Wrote: [ -> ]Mature people can discuss and allow discussion without suggesting illegal activity?

As long as I'm around, no way in hell.
Ok bottom line is, I'm not promoting illegal activity. So let's get away from that subject and back on topic.

I'd like to do more contests like the posting one. I think it would not only engage the community but get them excited about something, and a goal to strive for. Maybe even something like, Design the new logo or best sig contest, things like that.
I know people hate CPALead but in all fairness, if you hate it so much you can always pay the $6.99 to avoid it, if not then they really have no room to complain. Although the payouts are $6.99 it's just a suggestion for guaranteed income versus PPC ads.
Pages: 1 2 3 4