MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My first forum board, RC Store 'N More
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,
1st time poster and 1st web site builder/forum builder here. I would firstly like to thank the makers of MyBB because the wiki was perfect in having the information that I needed at a forum construction noob to complete the deployment and get my forum board up and running.

Secondly, I request that you guys visit my aforementioned board and comment on it. It's brand new, the dust is still settling, but I am committed to making it thrive. I welcome your comments and advice.

The main thrust of my forum is to be a companion to my webstore that I have. I wanted to have a place that people who have the same passions about RC toys (Remote Controlled Toys) could come visit and discuss at. I await your critiques.

http://rcstorenmore.com/forum
I am kinda bored of afresh theme. Every one installs it..!!
(2010-03-22, 01:30 PM)unihood Wrote: [ -> ]I am kinda bored of afresh theme. Every one installs it..!!

In this case the theme fits well with the color scheme of my web store, so I went with it. As I work more I may change it to something a bit more interesting, but I am going to go with what fits the general aesthetics of my project best. Thank you for your comment.
(2010-03-22, 01:30 PM)unihood Wrote: [ -> ]I am kinda bored of afresh theme. Every one installs it..!!

Yours was an Afresh theme the first time. Why not point Disco in the right direction? One of my forums still uses an Afresh theme...

--------

Disco, people seem to hate Afresh themes now. Try these themes, they look very good. Smile Also, try to fill it up with topics. That will make it look much better. After you do that inform us and more people will join. Good luck! Big Grin
(2010-03-22, 02:22 PM)Mod Wrote: [ -> ]

Yours was an Afresh theme the first time. Why not point Disco in the right direction? One of my forums still uses an Afresh theme...

--------

Disco, people seem to hate Afresh themes now. Try these themes, they look very good. Smile Also, try to fill it up with topics. That will make it look much better. After you do that inform us and more people will join. Good luck! Big Grin

Thanks for your reply Mod. I'll take a looksie tomorrow. It's getting pretty late at night round these parts, and I have to teach tomorrow. I know that right now everything is mostly default and I know that. When I said the dust was settling, I wasn't kidding. I complete board installation before I went to work this morning, then I have tinkered on my lunch break and after work. The more I learn, the more I will do. Thank you for the comment.
No problem, feel free to personal message me if you need any help. Smile
Wow, i actually never see anyone using that version of Afresh. I don't mind it. Try adding your own logo
Mod Wrote:Yours was an Afresh theme the first time. Why not point Disco in the right direction? One of my forums still uses an Afresh theme...

Yes, i agree but i saw too many forums with that theme series. So I tried to help him.

@disco:
Your logo is not fitting with all resolutions...
you should resize it using template edit in header and make it to center.
That will do nice....
Saying you're bored isn't helping him. Advising him on other themes is. Disco, try centering your logo, and add some content in your forums. Wink
To center the logo, I just need to put <center> HTML tag right? And i'll start trying to grow the forum once I can get my activation email issue fixed. Right now people aren't receiving their activation emails when they sign up.
Pages: 1 2