MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google vs Yahoo!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hmmm what you prefer Google or Yahoo! ?

My personal opinion is that Google is better and I use it.
Bing!
Yahoo!, atleast it's a fair company who doesn't violates privacy and tries to become a digital nazi imperium like Google and Microsoft.
It's a shame that only companies who use the most disgusting tricks become big.
( Microsoft truly has blood on their hands... )
Google because yahoo is slow.
Google for search and some other things because it's convenient, usually works, their auto-complete has a tendency to amuse me, and many of the other things they provide work well for me. Yahoo for chat though - google's chat isn't very well implemented, is a pain to format text in, and they don't provide any easy programs for using it without having your mail open (not that I use the programs the companies provide anyway, but that's another story).

As for the companies playing fair or not...Yahoo hasn't always either. For a while, they had a clause in their terms for their messenger stating that they were allowed to use your unused bandwidth for their purposes.
I have honestly never used yahoo in my life. Not once.
(2010-03-22, 03:56 PM)Serenity278 Wrote: [ -> ]Bing!

Don't use that please!

(2010-03-22, 04:23 PM)ladyunicornejg Wrote: [ -> ]Google for search and some other things because it's convenient, usually works, their auto-complete has a tendency to amuse me, and many of the other things they provide work well for me. Yahoo for chat though - google's chat isn't very well implemented, is a pain to format text in, and they don't provide any easy programs for using it without having your mail open (not that I use the programs the companies provide anyway, but that's another story).

As for the companies playing fair or not...Yahoo hasn't always either. For a while, they had a clause in their terms for their messenger stating that they were allowed to use your unused bandwidth for their purposes.

http://www.google.com/talk/
Google Talk is excellent.

I used Yahoo about 8 years ago, and I used Bing when I searched in IE8 and didn't realise it would go to Bing.
Oh, cool. Didn't know they'd created a program for it. Formatting text on their service is still a pain though (I do connect to it, as well as AIM, MSN, and Yahoo).
The solution to all chat programs is trillian Big Grin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6