MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB iPhone App
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Do you know Objective C?
Waste of time if you ask me. Make a good mobile skin and you don't need to bother with any code.
A suggestion: Have moderation like closing/sticking/etc. threads.

And will it be payed or free? (I'll use it either way!)
Will there be an option to Bookmark a forum url in the app? That would be a great time saver Smile
(2010-03-24, 04:43 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know Objective C?

Just what I was about to ask Toungue There's also a framework and other iPhone stuff to take into account.
I would much rather build a mobile site than...
  1. Have to buy a Mac
  2. Learn Objective-C
  3. Pay Apple's $99/year fee for access to the developer program
  4. Wait forever for my app to be approved, risking it won't be approved
You don't HAVE to build an app. A mobile site with great AJAX features gets the job done just as well. Just look at Google: Apple wouldn't let them do a Voice app, so they just built a mobile website that's just as good as an app.
(2010-03-25, 12:39 AM)DougSD Wrote: [ -> ]I would much rather build a mobile site than...
  1. Have to buy a Mac
  2. Learn Objective-C
  3. Pay Apple's $99/year fee for access to the developer program
  4. Wait forever for my app to be approved, risking it won't be approved
You don't HAVE to build an app. A mobile site with great AJAX features gets the job done just as well. Just look at Google: Apple wouldn't let them do a Voice app, so they just built a mobile website that's just as good as an app.

+1

Plus you have the advantage that you don't have to develop multiple apps for each platform, instead just make one mobile site that works on the webkit engine, then it will be compatible with both Android and iPhone/iPod Touch. I started work on an AJAX based webpp for iPhone/iPod Touch last year, but I am so busy at the moment that I need to try to get round to do it. Smile

Announcement 1 | Announcement 2
These are all valid points. But they only work if the administrator installs them.

What I want to accomplish with this is be able to view any MyBB forum without having to install anything.
(2010-03-26, 09:39 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]These are all valid points. But they only work if the administrator installs them.

What I want to accomplish with this is be able to view any MyBB forum without having to install anything.

Once again, do you know Objective C?
Oh haha, sorry.

I'm learning it. So this will be my first real test. Also, it helps to know a little bit of HTML/PHP.
Pages: 1 2 3