MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB iPhone App
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-03-26, 10:38 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]Oh haha, sorry.

I'm learning it. So this will be my first real test.
Too complex for a first test in my opinion, I'd start with something simpler Toungue

(2010-03-26, 10:38 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it helps to know a little bit of HTML/PHP.

No it doesn't. Objective C is completely different from both, HTML and PHP.
HTML is not even a Programming Language, it's a markup language and the logic used in a markup language has nothing to do with the logic used in a programming language like Obj C.

As for PHP, the syntax is completely different and a lot of things differ specially when it comes to OOP
Well I ain't going back now!

As someone famous would say

"Onward My Fellow [something]" lol
Also, everyone I talk to says that Knowing HTML/PHP has made it easier to learn OC
Good luck Toungue
(2010-03-26, 10:59 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]Also, everyone I talk to says that Knowing HTML/PHP has made it easier to learn OC

I don't see the relationship between Objective C and HTML, then we could say that CSS also helps =/ My java teacher made a small introduction to Objective C, and it was pretty different from Java, and it REALLY had nothing similar with HTML, or PHP (except the programming logic, but that's not language specific). Anyways, good luck Smile
(2010-03-26, 10:59 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]Also, everyone I talk to says that Knowing HTML/PHP has made it easier to learn OC

Just saw you edited your post. So I'm going to reply to part you've edited Toungue
HTML will NOT help you in any kind of way.
HTML is a markup language, not a programming language.
And by saying HTML/PHP you are assuming that both have similarities (HTML and PHP) while they do NOT.
You can compare PHP to Obj C as they're both programming languages but the syntax is completely different and it won't help you, trust me.
However, If you know C, it will help you for sure.
(2010-03-26, 09:39 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]These are all valid points. But they only work if the administrator installs them.

What I want to accomplish with this is be able to view any MyBB forum without having to install anything.
No, actually, you misunderstood. The suggestion made is like a proxy service - it proxies the MyBB forum through "your" webserver, modifying the style on the fly, to make it more compatible for a mobile platform. In some ways, a similar idea to what Opera Mini does.

I don't know how different Objective C is from C, but if strings are handled in a similar fashion (that is, they don't really "exist" in C), I can tell you that it's certainly going to be more difficult to implement than in something like PHP.
Has this app been developed yet?
Sadly not. I have been too busy lately. Between School, Football, and not enough money to maintain current websites, I haven't been able to work on this. Perhaps in the new year, but it would help to have some money invested by other people.
Pages: 1 2 3